Teresa Lo?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by steve46, May 2, 2003.

1. gazza1

gazza1

Steve - I spent a month in there which was enough for my purposes - she trades futures only and she has some guys who trade stocks. She is strong on the basics and depending on where you are you can probably learn something from her but you also shouldn't be relying on her to put $$$ in your pocket. In my opinion with all these rooms you should take the free trial, see if there is something worth learning, stick around long enough to pick it up and then move on. Hope this helps.

#11     May 2, 2003
  2. Thanks Gazza (and others) for your comments. I wonder if you or any others have bought her manual? Best to All. Steve46

#12     May 2, 2003
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

not even half close to the real thing,
    edit: my only explanation is those geeks, the photographer & the artist who draw her were busy looking at scenery instead of focusing on the job

#13     May 2, 2003
  4. Hehe :cool:

She is hot, even in HTML format!

#14     May 2, 2003
  5. Introduce her to hitman. She could be his new princess

#15     May 2, 2003
  6. gazza1

gazza1

Steve - I've seen the manual and from what I remember its basically a summary of how she views the market and her trade set ups. Nothing earth shattering. I think she has a trial so if I were you I'd check that out and you can then review the materials in the archive which should pretty much tell you all you need to know. If you still want to check out the manual after that then your call.

#16     May 2, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

No,

glassinc is a handle of a person on ET. He used to come into the chatroom all the time. Recently, he decided to go into the TLO chatroom. That is why I mentioned him as a possible source of information for the poster that originated the thread.

All I know about TLO is that she exists.

nitro

#17     May 2, 2003
  8. oswald

oswald

Teresa is an excellent futures scalping trader and can make a living out of the market. I Suspect that the quote is somehow taken out of context. Perhaps she meant that nobody can continue a lifelong career as a trader because once you have your rules and your discipline, trading can become a bit boring and it also drains your soul a bit. Beating people all the time has to be countered with something more ppostive to restore the balance. I started my newsletter recently and it has totally refocused me on my trading as a result.

TraderOz "The Stalker"

#18     May 3, 2003
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

of course it is a misquote but it made an interesting sound bite.

#19     May 3, 2003
  10. hi steve,

i was friendly with teresa back in the late '90s when she started her original site, intelligent speculator. we parted company in a rather nasty way, so keep that in mind when considering my comments.

teresa is bright and writes well. i think that she is a "market obsessive," and can talk endlessly about market history, chart patterns, and the failings of other traders and investors. this can be intriguing or annoying depending on how you feel about interminable, one-dimensional conversations.

i found her tone about the market (among other things) was often aggrieved and petulant, despite her attempts to appear unemotional and disinterested. at times she seemed wildly confident, even egotistical, and other times she seemed terribly distraught and discouraged. at the very least, she puts on a good show.

one other thing that always bothered me was that she was never willing to talk specifically about her trading results; indeed she seemed very touchy on this subject, which i thought was bizarre. if you're holding yourself out as a professional trader, i think the least you can do is provide a track record of your results.

you may want to check out victoria pearson's trading site as well: http://www.efuturevision.com/ she worked for a time with teresa, but then went off to do her own real-time trading chat.

hope this helps....

~CM

#20     May 7, 2003