Tera Coin - CPU mining crypto

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by juliakuz, Oct 11, 2019.

1. juliakuz

juliakuz

Sometimes, people quit mining as they do not want to deal with ASIC, that cost a lot but need to be updated often. However, there is another kind of mining that is available to almost every owner of computing equipment connected to the Internet - CPU mining. There are cryptocurrencies, the mining of which is specially optimized for processors, which is done to achieve the highest degree of network decentralization and to provide as wide access to cryptocurrencies as possible. Tera Coin is this crypto. The algorithm of Tera is unique as the CPU-capacities with a bias on the use of RAM are used. Tera coin is actively traded on Hotbit, for instance.

2. DevBru

DevBru

There is no or at least not a lot of money to be made in the crypto mining industry, not for the average joe with his home computer.

You have to compete against mining companies who put a shitload of money in their mining racks to have optimal results and even they are struggling, specially with these lower prices.

3. juliakuz

juliakuz

Unfortunately, this is true, but I do not say that you should limit yourself to mining only. If you deal with cryptocurrency, it will be difficult to stay away from trading. Tera Coin is a crypto that is worth to be invested in. Yes, you will have to wait until Tera starts bringing profits, but no one has yet invented the "magical" method of making money:)

4. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

"with a bias on the use of RAM" .... what does that even mean?

5. TommyR

TommyR

interesting im worrying where is the laan between an asic and a cpu for not optimised tasks. i dunno tbh. who wants to blow enormous amounts on that sort of thing but i suppose more important not to look like an amateur in the data centre (mining farm)

6. juliakuz

juliakuz

It means that RAM is also involved here not GPU in this case. However, with Tera Coin, a powerful PC should be used, with at least 2 RAM for each core, i.e. if it has 4 cores, 8 RAM is needed (but better, more). If it is technically possible, and if Motherboard supports it, one can simply add RAM and mine Tera successfully.

7. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

That is utter non-sense.Modern GPUs have plenty of ram too....What kind of snake oil are you peddling? Please post a link

8. juliakuz

juliakuz

Thank you very much for the euphemism you have used. You have expanded my English vocabulary:)

9. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Link?

yg10 likes this.
  10. weiwu

weiwu

if you want to more about tera , you can check their official website terafoundation.org .
    you need cpu + ram to mine this coin . one thread need 1g/2g/4g/8g ram . (If your cpu is 40 thread , you can use 320g ram to mine this coin .)you can set it .
    this coin is resistance to asic , and block time is only one second . this coin can not be mined by gpu . This coin has a big community .

#10     Oct 22, 2019