'Tent Cities' Rising Across United States

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 19, 2008.

1. jprad

jprad

Quite the armchair you've got there, quarterback...

#31     Nov 23, 2008
  2. sumosam

sumosam

Hey, look, I live in Canada, but i don't think we are too far apart. Everywhere there are adverts for jobs....yes, they are at doughnut/fast food places...but they are crying out for people.

I do feel sorry for young kids who are victims of sexual/physical abuse and have just suddenly taken off.

#32     Nov 23, 2008
  3. jprad

jprad

Flippin' burgers and frying doughnuts is fine if you're single, living at home and looking for some spending money.

But, it's not even close to a living wage for a guy with a family of four who lived within his means, didn't pile up any non-essential debt and now finds himself out of work through no fault of his own.

#33     Nov 23, 2008
  4. Donuts and burgers pay about 8.75 an hour, but you can only work 30 hours a week. The father has two 30 hour jobs a week, this should gross about $525 a week, the old lady works one 8.75 job 30 hours a week, this brings a gross weekly income of about $786.

Donuts are free to employees, MCD employees get a food discount.

Having kids is over rated, except for the tax deduction.

They should qualify for food stamps and heat assistance.

Maybe free lunch for the kids at school.

If this family of four has parents, they should hook up budget assistance from ma & paw (you know, a cash allowance under threat of moving the whole she-bang back home and live in the cellar).

#34     Nov 23, 2008