'Tent Cities': Nashville. Olympia, St. Petersburg, Fresno, Seattle, Sacramento & More

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Having just spent 2 months in Southern CA and drove back to Denver I had a chance to take stocks of things. Both CA and NV have roughly 10% unemployment, CO around 6.5%. I was aggressively panhandled in both states. I have not seen that in the section of Denver I live in yet. I had bums begging when I left the parking lot of Home Depot in So Cal. I had a guy aggressively panhandling me inside In and Out off The Strip in Vegas. I have never seen that in America, guy going quickly and discretely from table to table begging for money before management could get wind and tell him to bail.

I fell bad for these folks I really do, but I don't give them money, esp. don't open your wallet. There is nothing to stop them from rushing you when you open your wallet. It's a safety issue. Spend some time learning basic self defense. Crime will increase for sure. Will it get Mad Max, I don't think so.

#31     Mar 26, 2009
  2. southern Va

#32     Mar 26, 2009
  3. olias

olias

LOL! That's one of the funniest lines I've ever read on Elite! Kudos

#33     Mar 26, 2009
  4. Ah, used to live in Lynchburg myself.

#34     Mar 26, 2009
  5. No, I mean that I've gotten to know about that guy over the last 2 years or so, and he has told me he's a bastard because he doesn't even know who his father is or anything.

That poor son of a bitch.

#35     Mar 26, 2009
  6. I was wondering if it is possible to short homeless people.

Any ideas?

#36     Mar 26, 2009

7. Not a great idea to short homeless people, they have no where to go but up!

However, you could put all your trades up in a journal in real time, and allow us the opportunity to short you and bet on you going homeless, what do ya think?

#37     Mar 26, 2009
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

:D

#38     Mar 26, 2009
  9. At this point sir, homeless shares are very hard to borrow, since big money has the market cornered. I would recommend that you go long tent manufacturers instead, but hedge yourself with some lumber contracts just in case there is a shortage of canvas !

#39     Mar 26, 2009
  10. So what did you do? I would have pulled out my 45.

#40     Mar 26, 2009