Tensions Explode On CNBC, As Simon Hobbs Tells Cramer: "You Told People To Buy Bear S

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveNYC, Aug 18, 2011.

1. TGregg

TGregg

We do not agree on a lot of things, but this was spot on.

And yeah I think Cramer is a clown. Entertaining, without question.Even interesting at times. But in this case, this loser Stewie is trying to make a name for himself or something. One would think that going up against Cramer would provide piles of ammunition to boggle the mind, yet Stewie picks this?

What a loser.

#21     Aug 18, 2011
  2. Definitely, I actually like his monologues, but picking off a knowledgable financial guru is not something he should dabble in.

#22     Aug 18, 2011
  3. Michael Lewis, a journalist for the U.K.-based Evening Standard news Web site, states that TheStreet.com listed Bear Stearns as a "Buy" at $62 per share on March 11, 2008, which was the same day as the caller's question and a day before the collapse of Bear Stearns. However, TheStreet.com--the web site quote that shows the ratings history for actual changes that Cramer makes—indicates that Cramer changed Bear Stearns rating to a "Sell" on February 5, 2008. On his March 12, 2009 appearance on the Daily Show, Cramer admitted he made mistakes on his Bear Stearns calls.

So, who is right?

Do the dates matter?

What mistakes is Cramer admitting?

#23     Aug 18, 2011
  4. He doesn't control thestreet.com, really. Automated programs make those decisions, and you can ask James Altucher because that was my understanding of the programs and accounts for all of the recommendations on the site.

The real guffaw is Stewart's featuring of his response to a caller asking if it was safe to keep money at bear stearns, and this particularly is the call in question.

Since there is no manual intervention on the site and bvps was over $50 or more than 150% greater than the current price naturally any algorithm is going to list a buy, but there's no record of him buying or even saying to buy.

If it was [posted on thestreet.com], it was precisely for all of the reasons I've explained here.

#24     Aug 18, 2011
  5. No, that's revisionist bullshit. He was asked a "hold or sell" BSC question and responded, "BSC is safe". It was specifically an investment question, not whether BSC was good for a custodial relationship.

#25     Aug 18, 2011
  6. #26     Aug 18, 2011
  7. Cramer is a clown. I have heard him change his tune the next day if the markets are going the opposite of the day before. Then he acts like he never said the opposite of what he is claiming that day.

#28     Aug 18, 2011
  8. Cramer reflects the state of America and it's media. He is why US got downgraded to AA

#29     Aug 18, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto.

#30     Aug 18, 2011