Tennessee moves to allow guns in public buildings: KnoxNews

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Apr 21, 2007.

1. you just dont get it, it's not a right ot left wing issue and 911 was an inside job, get over it. the people saying it are not dangerously confused as you put it. that shows how badly informed you are about the most vociferous personalities in the truth movement: many are heavy weight politicians and insiders, military personnel, veteran secret service folks, structural engineers, physicists, fire engineers, chemists, demolition experts, etc, coming from all walks of life. not exactly lone nutzers...look at this list of folks, many are convinced 911 was a false flag op, then tell me how many of them can be seriously considered "deranged":

http://patriotsquestion911.com/

on the shooting issue, i am not saying it was definetly a black op, i just think you should get all the info available to you and look at all the facets then come to your own conclusions, not just parrot the official line as it was gospel...the mainstream media has blacked-out on many facts.

#11     Apr 22, 2007
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Thanks. Great post.

#12     Apr 23, 2007
  3. traderob

traderob

Didn't you post an article from the tinfoil helmet brigade saying that Virgina was a black ops job done so the evil powers could restrict guns?
    What do the 'I was abducted by aliens' say now?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=92762
    Pro-gun lobby strengthened following US campus shooting
    by Stephanie Griffith
    Sun Apr 22, 3:59 PM ET
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2007042...ns_070422195959

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The powerful US gun lobby, far from being weakened by last week's tragic college campus shooting, actually has emerged stronger, gun advocates said, stepping up calls Sunday for a better-armed US citizenry to prevent future attacks...

"This is a huge nail in the coffin of gun control," said Philip Van Cleave, president of the gun rights group Virginia Citizens Defense League.

"They had gun control on campus and it got all those people killed, because nobody could defend themselves," he told AFP.

"You want people to be able to defend themselves -- always," he said

#13     Apr 23, 2007
  4. Back to the point of the original post. I think that TN has its head so far up its ass that its shoulders feel a radiant warmth.

And what's this I read elsewhere about some college campuses that want to ban weapons and are being called "unconstitutional?" It would appear that some people have lost their way. Can you imagine being a teacher in a room full of moody, excitable post-adolescent "adults" who are packing heat? Go ahead, tell them they failed their midterm. Make their day.

Yes, the right to bear arms is the answer. All we need is a car to backfire somewhere so that all of the armed housewives, accountants and podiatrists can start shooting first and ask questions later.

By virtue of the Internet, anyone can see just how stupid and/or sociopathic some people can be, and just how many such people there are. Giving them permission to bear arms, and particularly concealed weapons, is clearly the answer to all our problems.

#14     Apr 23, 2007
  5. i have said it was a different take on the incident and that i didn't endorse it, obviously that flew over you. be patient tho, this time it may have backfired but they gonna try again and sooner or later take away your guns for good.

#15     Apr 23, 2007
  6. ========================
    Good points that hit the bullseye.:cool:

investors.com noted strangly some staff leaders of that VA school was rejoicing in the ''safety ''of another useless gun law . Same school where 32 were slaughtered

#16     Apr 24, 2007
  7. here you go roberk, i guess my "nutty friends" are not viewed that much nutty from ron paul that is a regular guest on the aj show and now writes even articles for him, plus the hundreds of high level state official, military folks and scientists that have been interviewed on the show over the years. you really ought to check the site, you might recognize more than a few names:

Ron Paul: Government Cannot Protect Us

Ron Paul
    Prisonplanet.com
    Wednesday April 25, 2007

The senseless and horrific killings last week on the campus of Virginia Tech University reinforced an uneasy feeling many Americans experienced after September 11th: namely, that government cannot protect us. No matter how many laws we pass, no matter how many police or federal agents we put on the streets, a determined individual or group still can cause great harm. Perhaps the only good that can come from these terrible killings is a reinforced understanding that we as individuals are responsible for our safety and the safety of our families.

Although Virginia does allow individuals to carry concealed weapons if they first obtain a permit, college campuses within the state are specifically exempted. Virginia Tech, like all Virginia colleges, is therefore a gun-free zone, at least for private individuals. And as we witnessed, it didn’t matter how many guns the police had. Only private individuals on the scene could have prevented or lessened this tragedy. Prohibiting guns on campus made the Virginia Tech students less safe, not more.

The Virginia Tech tragedy may not lead directly to more gun control, but I fear it will lead to more people control. Thanks to our media and many government officials, Americans have become conditioned to view the state as our protector and the solution to every problem. Whenever something terrible happens, especially when it becomes a national news story, people reflexively demand that government do something. This impulse almost always leads to bad laws and the loss of liberty. It is completely at odds with the best American traditions of self-reliance and rugged individualism.

Do we really want to live in a world of police checkpoints, surveillance cameras, and metal detectors? Do we really believe government can provide total security? Do we want to involuntarily commit every disaffected, disturbed, or alienated person who fantasizes about violence? Or can we accept that liberty is more important than the illusion of state-provided security?

I fear that Congress will use this terrible event to push for more government-mandated mental health programs. The therapeutic nanny state only encourages individuals to view themselves as victims, and reject personal responsibility for their actions. Certainly there are legitimate organic mental illnesses, but it is the role of doctors and families, not the government, to diagnose and treat such illnesses.

Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.

[​IMG]

#17     Apr 25, 2007