Tell Why You Oppose The Re-election of Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by L-Kabong, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Add this to my list as well.

#21     Sep 13, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Unfortunately, this is what I am doing this time around. I don't particularly like Romney. I want Ron Paul. If I didn't believe the damage of re-electing Obama would be so substantial, I would vote Ron Paul this time around. But I have to cast a vote that will hopefully be more ABO than Romney.

#22     Sep 13, 2012
  3. Because the thread's stated purpose is to have people list thier reasons for opposing Obama as President based on specific policies, laws, actions, and Executive decisions made under his administration, and to reference the same. In this vein, I asked people to refrain from incendiary rhetoric and for silence from Obama supporters. Had I asked for a simple, concise answer as to why on a gut emotional level you don't like Obama, then your answer would have been appropriate. But given the parameters of the thread, your answer is silly in that it reflected a lack of understanding of my question and a presumption that all Obama opposers hew to your thinking. Sort of like a vallery girl saying, "Doh isn't it obvious?" Furthermore, your description of the question behind the thread as "stupid" is decidedly unprofound. I let the public draw thier own conclusions about someone who feels that understanding the thinking of the electorate is stupid, especially on the eve of a Presidential election.

#23     Sep 13, 2012
  4. To quote Lucrum: BINGO.

You had extremely high expectations my friend.

#24     Sep 13, 2012
  5. Ummm plenty of people have noted actual policies and actions taken by obama, including me. Speaking of not staying in teh parameters, why does your liberal ass keep posting in this thread?

What do you think kabong, you are lecturing PT about not sticking to the rules but this liberal fool keeps posting when it is clear he shouldn't be part of the thread.

#25     Sep 13, 2012
  6. MrBill. Kindly refrain from jumping in.

PiggyBank, you are correct that there were many thoughtful and and interesting replies and I had noted that in a follow up post. I thank you and the others for having done so. It is interesting to know the thoughts and experiences of not just firm Republicans, but others who had voted for Obama but have concluded he doesn't merit thier votes this time around.

Also, let's avoid the name calling.

In that people on ET are from all over the political, geographic, and demographic spectrum (well, we're almost all men) this platform could help exchange and inform others of points of view not normally encountered in one's backyard. I know why people want Obama, but I want to know better why people are opposed to him and that is why I created this thread.

#26     Sep 13, 2012