Tell us how you rate IB's connection/HK

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by steve46, Jul 27, 2005.

How do you rate IB's connection to HSI

1. Good, very few interruptions

20 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. Acceptable but with periodic interruptions

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Difficult to rely on, interruptions are common

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. Unacceptable, service "drop offs" happen regularly

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. steve10

steve10

yeah, it is fine now, I am connected to HK server trading US market.

I suspect every time we encountered login problem or whatsoever, it is not caused by our ISP in Shanghai since my esingal is running very well in real time chart and quote.

#51     Aug 4, 2005
  2. joesan

joesan

it's midnight 0:06am here and I have to go off for the time being, will answer tomorrow

#52     Aug 4, 2005
  3. joesan

joesan

TGM

It is a bit off the topic, so I will reply brieftly.
    1-Yes, I like Shanghai
    2-I use stop orders a lot but there is no such order type in Chinese futures exchanges so I am not trading domestic futures currently.

#53     Aug 5, 2005
  4. TGM

TGM

Sorry to ask an off topic question. Thanks for replying. Hopefully, your IB hookup through Hong Kong works out! You can have multiple accounts with IB (one on the hong kong server and another on the US or Europe).

#54     Aug 5, 2005
  5. joesan

joesan

Thanks .

I understand IB has a backup server for each account, My current server is the HK server. in this case, is my backup server also a HK server or it is a server in US/EU ?

#55     Aug 5, 2005
  6. TGM

TGM

You are asking a good question. Hopefully, Def will tell us. You can have more than one account with IB and move money between them real easy. For instance, I am on the US server farm and it used to go down an hour a night ---right during Hong Kong trading session. The solution was simple ---have a second account to trade Hong Kong which had a down time during the US hours. Now, I know they are redoing all this. But you can still have more than one account (it does not cost anything) which operate on differant servers.

#56     Aug 5, 2005