Tell Travelers Insurance They Stink

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sprstpd, Sep 23, 2006.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

Travelers insurance is running a TV ad that is a blatant rip-off of the creative ideas found in the Playstation2 game Katamari Damacy (where things are rolled up into a larger and larger ball). I urge anyone that reads this to protest their unoriginality by sending a comment through this link:

http://www.travelers.com/spt01portalmain.asp?startpage=/tcom/contactus/contact.asp

Tell them their marketing efforts to rip-off the ideas of others is not appreciated.

2. BSAM

BSAM

I bought a bag of candy the other day. The outside of the bag claimed 100 pieces. There were 101 pieces. The false claim really pissed me off.

(Actually, Travelers offers very attractive rates on auto insurance. Might want to consider cutting them a little slack.)

3. sprstpd

sprstpd

This has nothing to do with their rates. I am currently a policy holder at Travelers.

I have a problem with the way they are using someone else's idea to benefit themselves economically. If the RIAA can go after someone pirating music using a file sharing service, then certainly Travelers is certainly just as culpable in this instance.

Maybe Travelers is not aware of Katamari Damacy. Maybe the advertising agency they hired is responsible. But then someone at that agency ripped it straight from the game. They should be fired. The commercial should be pulled immediately.

4. BSAM

BSAM

(Rolling eyes, saying "oh my goodness" to myself)---

Sp---Get a hobby. Take your kid to a movie. Study some stock charts. You think Bollinger Bands can help in intraday trading? I've been looking at some stuff with them.

5. sprstpd

sprstpd

Good idea - I think I'll play some Katamari Damacy.

Don't know about Bollinger Bands. I looked at them when I first started trading and couldn't get anything to work. Good luck with that.

6. Or maybe Travelers actually licensed the ever-growing-rolling-ball concept from Sony.

Unless, of course, Sony, in turn, had gotten the idea from somewhere else. And so on. The ball just keeps on rolling...

7. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes, if that is the case then it would be fine. By the way, Namco produces Katamari Damacy.

http://www.namco.com/games/katamari_damacy/