Tell SEC and NASD you oppose daytrading rules on Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by hii a_ooiioo_a, Nov 4, 2002.

1. qdz

qdz

you actually should congratulate yourself for not losing big from time to time if there is no small order to fill your big orders. Do you think no opponent orders can take you down to hell? (I consider the word hell is quite polite comparing to your B word).

#21     Nov 7, 2002
  2. What word do you me you fucking little piece of shit bastards who suck big fat cock of horse and likes it. are these words offending you. I am sick of day traders trying to make money that belongs to me. Now is the time for the little guy to give back what he has been stealing like the bucket shops of the early 1900s your day trading shops will close . I rember the Cuban missile crisis that almost put you little bastards out of business then some prick came up with instinet. This time you are going to be finished off using the legal system.

#22     Nov 7, 2002
  3. qdz

qdz

i see, that explains why you lost [some].

Good luck to you.

#23     Nov 7, 2002
  4. I never lose I just don't make enough. I wont be happy until it's all mine.

#24     Nov 7, 2002
  5. Well, I was wondering if there was really anyone who wouldn't be opposed to the daytrading rule.

Apparently there is. You've also made it apparent the level of that mentality with the language you use.

This thread is in the Options topic, it concerns the recent application of the daytrading restrictions upon the non-marginable options.
    Your accusations of what us "little bastards" do to you mention large share trades of stocks, not options.

In fact, if you are so bothered by this stock trade front-running, you should want to see the daytrading restrictions on options removed, so that all us "little bastards" will stick to trading options and let you have the world of stocks all to yourself.

#25     Nov 7, 2002
  6. Options don't trade on the NYSE.

And I don't trade out of a daytrading shop.

#26     Nov 7, 2002
  7. The PDT rule in itself is stupid. If I want to spend $5,000 at Vegas, what branch of the government is going to hold my hand, smack me on the wrist and tell me I should instead invest in government bonds? No branch of course!

Yet the SEC has the right to tell me, a grown adult (by legal definition) that I can't daytrade my cash away in the markets?

What is really DANGEROUS is the fact that, if you have one daytrade left on say a Wednesday, open three violate option positions, close one and think you can close the others -- but then you cannot. That's right, IB will screw you in the A$$ faster than you can say, "PDT."

Not being able to close out positions is just asinine. I don't know when, but sooner or later there is going to be a huge lawsuit.

Would anyone be interested in starting a class action lawsuit against the SEC?

#27     Nov 7, 2002
  8. You can't sue the SEC ...

#28     Nov 7, 2002
  9. Spark

Spark

Was PDT rule imposed during the then chairman Pitt Harvey?

#29     Nov 7, 2002
  10. You will be able to close the positions you already have. But once you do, your account will be marked as Pattern Daytrader. You will not be able to open any new positions for at least the next 5 days. In fact, I think your account will be subject to a "90 day freeze". Which should not prevent you from using your money, but will prevent you using margin. I think it essentially makes your acount into a cash account for 90 days.

Daytrading options I believe is still allowed in a regular cash-only account.

#30     Nov 7, 2002