Tell me, what's your biggest frustration in trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by focusonmoney, Oct 7, 2010.

1. dalen

dalen

When I get bored enough to come on ET

#11     Oct 7, 2010
  2. Uncertainty of regulation. The fear of one day waking up and being unable to trade because of some new law that is passed.

#12     Oct 7, 2010
  3. Having winning trades, then slowly bleeding the profits back to the market.

#13     Oct 7, 2010
  4. ditto

#14     Oct 7, 2010
  5. pt199

pt199

quote from "Fireplace"

Uncertainty of regulation. The fear of one day waking up and being unable to trade because of some new law that is passed.

+1

#15     Oct 7, 2010
  6. I can't say I'm really frustrated about trading. I find it fun and exhilarating.

Give me the rules of any game and I can usually figure out if there is an edge and how to exploit it. If rules and regulations change it's a new game. If you are agile, you get to the edge before others and have a bigger edge until others catch on.

In chaos there is usually opportunity.

#16     Oct 7, 2010
  7. The biggest frustration I have would probably be having the lack of time to place trades properly/missing out on placing trades due to work. With my current account, which i've had for the last 2 1/2 years, I have been having a hell of a time attempting to swing trade. I go to college full time and work 50-60 + hours manual labor during summer. (past summer was overtime after 48 hours. was that even legal for a seasonal job?) Find it difficult to enter/exit trades when I want as I usually dont like placing limit orders/stops. I need to feel the energy of the market when I place the trade.... perhaps some of you know what I mean by that. Highschool was a different story at scottrade with a small account, 7 dollar comissions, and having to phone in half of the orders......

still net positive after commissions however.

grades have suffered as a result.
    ...found it very hard to attend generals like geography, art, reading, etc... when I could be reading about or watching/trading the market

#17     Oct 7, 2010
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Crgarcia. Or his "lovely sweet wife". Can't decide which is the lesser of the 2 evils.

#18     Oct 7, 2010
  9. I'll vote for the neighbor's dog.

#19     Oct 7, 2010
  10. volente_00

volente_00

Missing an entry or exit by 1 tick in ES or getting stopped out to the very tick before an extreme reversal.

#20     Oct 7, 2010