Tell Me What Can I Do?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by toby, May 12, 2003.

1. toby

toby

Equity : Down > 6 months
    Confidence : Down
    Lady Luck : No More
    Debt : Growing Fast
    Concentration : Lack

Stop Trading?

No...Because it's my sole income since 1997; beside trading, I'm jobless!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Take a week off from trading, re-evaluate your strategy. We all go through tough times...its how we react to them that counts. Good luck bro!

3. Foz

Foz

Are you trading a Toby Crabel strategy, Toby?

Are you systematic or discretionary?

4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

At the same time you have to be honest with yourself. Don't allow yourself to get into too bad of a situation financially. I'd focus on trying to make very small profits. Over and over ... to where you build your confidence back up slowly.

5. What is the "expectancy" of your system?

What is your "Position sizing algorithm?"

How much "Opportunity" does your system have to execute its trades?

Long-term smooth equity-curve profitability comes by multiplying your system's "opportunity" by its "expectancy" combined with a sound Money Management (Position sizing) plan.

If for some reason you have trouble answering these questions, this would be a good place to start refining your trading.

Good Luck,
    Dr.Zhivodka

6. prox

prox

Definitely take a break, live off savings, cut expenses.

Figure out what you are doing wrong and how to correct it.

When you're ready to trade again, trade very small. Being a trader involves always learning and improving to sharpen your edge. The market is efficient enough to neutralize any method over time as more and more people become aware of it and you have to keep staying one step ahead of the pack.

7. nitro

nitro

:eek:

nitro

8. nitro

nitro

This sounds more compassionate than your other post!

nitro :cool:

9. If it aint broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, find some fool to sell it to.

10. Toby,

If you've been trading and making money since 1997, what has changed??

Are you still using the same system?? if so, are you sticking to the rules of that system??

Are is there something else going on in your life thats interfering with your trading..

Little things that could be upsetting or causing you conflict in your personal life can very easily carry itself into your trading...

Step back and take a look.. see if you can find anything that's changed...

Good Luck,

#10     May 12, 2003