Tell me how Tech Analysis was supposed to forecast this flash-crash?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by crgarcia, Sep 27, 2010.

1. you might be one out of many daytraders who made net money for a year or multiple years. But you are sure to lose it eventually. Why? Because there is no edge at all in daytrading. Daytrading is a losers game. We call something like that LUCK.

If 1 out of 99 daytraders make money, its not called a winning strategy. It's called negative expectation for daytrading.

And thats assuming you aren't peddling your wares and claiming you make money just so your wares are assume more value.

#51     Oct 15, 2010
  2. Please explain why you said the below, where you get your evidence and how you can be 100% sure of yourself?

#52     Oct 15, 2010
  3. you just dont get it. At this moment in time there are 99 lurkers for every daytrader who thinks daytrading is a winning venture, like you.
    And those 99 have all lost money daytrading, but aren't posting because theyre shamed.

Because reality is, the reason you made money is all luck, because daytrading has NO EDGE. The reason is that others LOSE. Making money doesnt mean that you're good, it means you are lucky because otherwise there wouldnt be 99 others NOT making money.

#53     Oct 15, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

this is just hilarious...when some pathetic loser is trying to tell the "truth" to successful trader..fucking great argument.."you just don't get it"..is this all you got?

hey..another fuckehead...how can i lose? my house is paid off long time ago from my daytrading profits,so my cars,my childrens future education..even if i lose like you said ALL-it will be a small amount on my brokerage account..get this through you fucking head....or you seriously believe that everyone have ALL of their savings in one account and they use X4 or X10 margin on top of that for daytrading?

#54     Oct 15, 2010
  5. How can you explain consistency? I've had some losing days but no losing weeks in 10 yrs. And certainly no losing months. Is that luck? How can that be....such a big sample size!

Bro, listen to me....I agree with you that daytrading is tough and that most need to fail in order for others to do well. I get it....but the disconnect is that you go off on a tangent about no edges and luck and that's just crap because I know it's not, for a fact. I'm not trying to rub it in and say 'look at me, I made thousands every day' but I just can't stand the fact that some of you are so dead wrong on your views of what is or isn't possible.

#55     Oct 15, 2010
  6. Bob111

Bob111

wow..ok..since you start throwing some fancy words like "expectation" and all that shit, i'm going to try this:
    here is how the process goes for me: thru the day,while i trade at same time i observe the markets,individual stocks,etc..the observations then became a trading ideas,that i backtest on the data from the past.it's a long and boring process,which those 99% of losers are trying to skip..the results of this process can be positive or negative..or simply not good enough for me..in some cases this process can take a YEARS..once i have enough data samples that confirms, that my idea is profitable and does have POSITIVE expectation-then and only then i will put some(not all,not on margin X4) of my money to trade it.
    now...this doesn't mean that this "system" will last till rest of my life. the "edge" can stop working at any time. but same rules applies to any real job in real life. there is no guarantee, that you are going to flip the burgers till rest of you life. new manager can fire you at any time.that's why me, while been a trader is constantly looking for an ideas and spend a large amount of time on research,development and education. it is extremely boring evolutionary process..think about this-you go to a evening college every day till rest of your life..having multiple "systems" with positive expectancy will literally guarantee that you are going to make the money every month and every week and in some cases EVERY fucking day. but. like i said above-it's not an easy job..and it certainly not for everyone.but creative person,who can observe the markets and come up with his own ideas,extracted from pretty much 3 numbers such as bid\ask\last will survive. and there is nothing about luck in this process..it's mostly statistics and math.

#56     Oct 15, 2010
  7. Bob111

Bob111

one more time..post something..anything..1099,copy of estimated taxes(you did paid taxes on your BIG PROFITS?), brokerage statement..anything..
    here is another nice example for those,who believe that the daytrading is losing game..then i'm one helluva lucky bastard..
    btw,crgarcia-no personal info on this statement either..see? it does possible to post a statement without revealing your identity..but..you must have a brokerage account for that.

[​IMG]

#57     Oct 15, 2010
  8. You can't spell or use punctuation correctly just like most people in high school. You give yourself away each time you post. You insult yourself just being in this forum.

My 10 year old son knows it would be impossible to Photoshop 30 MG of back testing results in such a short time . . . but you don't.

So maybe you aren't smarter than a 5th grader . . . either.

No one wants to bother harming children (which is evident that you are) on this site . . . you are irrelevant and simply fodder for our spare time rants.

#58     Oct 17, 2010
  9. math doesn't just stop working... which means consistent edges have nothing to do with math, but more with luck.
    Now, if the luck is based on real-life events like the gold rush of today or oil rush of today, then yes you can make money, but the GAME is still negative expectancy for daytrading.

#59     Oct 17, 2010
  10. Bob111

Bob111

this applies to any business as well. now what? should any entrepreneurs,start up or established businesses just stop trying? the rate of success is pretty much same as in trading.

"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible" M.C.Escher

so... fuck you and your loser's mentality

#60     Oct 17, 2010