Tell me how Tech Analysis was supposed to forecast this flash-crash?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by crgarcia, Sep 27, 2010.

1. So, according to Garcia, there is not a single person in the world who has success either

1 Scalping

2. Daytrading

or

3. Swing trading

Garcia....you just keep digging yourself 'a hole'. Do you realize that you buying a dip and holding is SWING TRADING....because the mkt has been around for hundreds of years, your holding period can be considered a type of swing trade. Just a blip on a much larger radar!

:p

PS No one really believes you're in the market, just making a point for arguments sake.

#41     Oct 10, 2010
  2. there is no edge in daytrading, especially this environment.

chance dictates there will be a winner. Where else does the money go? 1+1=2 right. However it won't flow to the guy who uses technical analysis. It will flow to the guys with a lasting edge. I.E. investors or HFT or swing traders.

#42     Oct 10, 2010
  3. Oh really? Because I have been daytrading since 1998 and, while I've had to make some adjustments here and there to account for volatility and structural changes, I'm having little trouble making a solid and consistent living.

Don't say 'it can't be done', if you have the drive think 'how can i make this work'.

#43     Oct 10, 2010
  4. You just don't get it.

You are like most of the failed traders on this board and out in the real world that make a 2 or 3 year year half ass attempt at trading, give up and then beat the dead horse to dust that it doesn't work.

For those of us that have been trading for 10 years & more . . . SUCCESSFULLY . . . you are irrelevant.

#44     Oct 10, 2010
  5. BartS

BartS

There is no edge in daytrading especially in this environment?

WOW.

#45     Oct 10, 2010
  6. I already said that I'm not posting my personal info since brokers want to hire a hitman to silence me.

As for weasel you can only insult me as deep inside you know I'm right?

Actually I'm not a swing trader.
    I'm a long term contrarian sentiment trader!
    :cool:

All losses from short term traders go to reduce the bid-ask spread.

You are NOT a trader at all, much less a succesful one.
    Fireplace is only a broker shill trying to get more fools suckered into trading so his firm gets more commissions.

#46     Oct 14, 2010
  7. Garcia, if you want a daytrading mentor, all you have to do is ask nicely.

:)

#47     Oct 14, 2010
  8. crgarcia,

People like you that post the same shit over and over again should be put on obsessive/compulsive medication or be cleansed from this earth.

** maybe Fresh can join U

#48     Oct 14, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

based on quote above i think he needs some mental mentor..

hey crgarcia...we are not looking for your personal info nor any brokers...cut it off...show us something..anything...a copy of your brokerage statement..just like i did in one of your fucking useless threads...there is no "personal info" in my screen shoot...or you so fucking dumb, that you can't cover\cut your last name and acc # on a statement? probably you don't even have one.....

#49     Oct 14, 2010
  10. Bob111

Bob111

here is example,you fuckhead...show me where did you see my personal info on this screen shoot? common..enough of this BS about BIG PROFITS you "made"...

[​IMG]

PS-you are allowed to use photoshop or whatever..
    PS2 for you :this screen shot is not altered by me in any way. it's IB messed up something long time ago. i use it to report the problem. feel better now? dumbass

#50     Oct 14, 2010