Tell me how much you enjoy Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Divorced ones know it even better.

#51     Sep 19, 2005
  2. Ooohh, dude, you trying to put everyone off their breakfast with the species genus hugeanus?

#52     Sep 19, 2005
  3. You never know...someone might find it arousing!!

#53     Sep 19, 2005
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

this gets my vote!

#54     Sep 19, 2005
  5. I don't know how anyone can rely just on trading for main income…
    Are you really that good? :confused:

#55     Sep 19, 2005
  6. LOL. Actually its too sad to laugh. You have been on ET all weekend.

#56     Sep 19, 2005
  7. I do....but only 100k/year to this point. Am only 26 though.

#57     Sep 19, 2005
  8. Yes, for the moment. What happens if something goes wrong: your beloved system works no more, market changes and gets much tougher,MM can't make $$$ easy, they want to get rid of you, a few leveraged positions go bust…the possibilities are infinite.

I mean you need a collateral to guarantee your future…

#58     Sep 19, 2005
  9. Not bad. You are young though, ironically it gets harder the older you get.

Good trading today.

#59     Sep 19, 2005
  10. The market really never changes, maybe volitility shrinks or expands, different sectors are hot and once high flyer no longer are. Or maybe even the mechanics (like the NYSE changes upcoming) become altered. The fact remains that stocks still move up or down and buyers and sellers drive these prices one way or another. As long as speculation doesnt stop, the markets will remain in motion.

Adaptation is not a problem, thats actually my specialty. My system is very simple, trade what the market tells me to, make sure i size into the right setups and know when to bail and look for other opportunities. You mentioned MM's not being able to make easy money anymore, and I agree. I never said trading is easy, but that doesnt dissuade me from trying to reach lofty goals.
    I think if you are seeking guarantees in trading, you'll be very dissapointed. As far as the future is concerned, I'm not sure what you are recommending? Should I give up trading to seek a more steady path?

#60     Sep 19, 2005