Tell me how much you enjoy Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Interesting Handle...

A friend of mine had a company named Under the Table, Inc. Never got audited, he says.

Michael B.

#31     Sep 18, 2005
  2. volente_00

volente_00

Yes, just because I enjoy the challenge.

#32     Sep 18, 2005
  3. Try learning to meditate. It will bring balance, sharpness of mind and clearer intellect. I won't go into the subject further, but it has been my biggest asset.

#33     Sep 18, 2005
  4. Thought about that....might give it a try

#34     Sep 18, 2005
  5. well when i am trading my retail account i like to buy a coffee and a croissant in the morning 9.30 and start eating and having my coffee when the market begins relax for a hour and see what the market is doing and 10.30 ready for trading :)

#35     Sep 18, 2005
  6. Very similar to what I do. On Pacific time so I wake up at 6am and relax unitl 7:30am just watching and taking mental notes.

I'll take a few very selective trades throughout the rest of the day, put in stops and see how things develop. No stress or excitement, just interesting to watch how the moves develop. It gets fun when there is a lot volatility but most of the time I am waiting and watching. Pretty boring sometimes.

#36     Sep 18, 2005
  7. Agree 100% - Spot on.

For me, the actual act of trading is about as boring as watching paint dry or grass grow. Then again, most of my trading is automated. I do trade the odd NQ or ES contract for fun, and just to make sure that my purely discretionary skills are exercised.
    During the trading day - in between doing research and baby-sitting my auto-systems, I have a bit of fun here on ET, crank out some tunes on the guitar, and play the occasional game of Galaxian :D (helps me recover from the previous night's party).

However, I do l love researching the markets and developing approaches to extract money from them. That I do not call work - its far too enjoybale to be called that 4-letter word.

#37     Sep 18, 2005
  8. I really suspect this whole thing IS a dream... If things are real, they shouldn't unfold like this. If one works at it hard enough, reality shifts. Impossible becomes possible. It gives me the goose bumps but I am still scared as hell sometimes... now I just need to remove my old belief.

#38     Sep 18, 2005
  9. yeah. i set my paramenters and positions in small progam I wrote. then i head to work.
    during work, I kept updaing my NAV ( a good 3 hrs everyday) in a spreadsheet even I cant login from work (since TWS is on at home). 10 more days of corporate gig. then i am going back to taiwan. FXCK YEAH!

#39     Sep 18, 2005
  10. giannos

giannos

Electric you ROCK man !!!

I must say I enjoy reading all your posts here on ET...and of course wifeys....You are a F**ckng Genius dude!.....keep up the good work....I look forward to reading more here on ET and your website..

#40     Sep 19, 2005