Tell me how much you enjoy Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 18, 2005.

1. If I could type your handle, I would respond

#21     Sep 18, 2005
  2. I think it's humorous how traders act after they've had a winning streak, or are in the middle of one.

#22     Sep 18, 2005
  3. Yeah, just like a stock..... the harder the rally the quicker the fall to the trendline. This is a result of the balance between egotistical arrogance and humility. Too much of one leads to a hard fall and too much of the other leads to a grindingly slow pace of growth. This is the balance point for everyone and anyone who has traded long enough knows what it is like to fall after a winning streak gets to the ego. :)

#23     Sep 18, 2005
  4. KevinK

KevinK Guest

Depends on the day before and how the market is acting premarket. Also depends on if anything happened to my fund's core holdings overnight.

#24     Sep 18, 2005
  5. Lately have been begging for week-ends to arrive and especially sundays, while I always had a problem with sundays in the past...
    ....but still I'm not making much $$$...

#25     Sep 18, 2005
  6. volente_00

volente_00

Words can not describe what trading is to me. When you trade for the love of the game and not for the money, then you will understand.

#26     Sep 18, 2005
  7. And this because it's hard work...when friday comes I'm pretty much done. It's not like if it's a walk at luna park, trading is demanding and tough on mind and body...I need rest and a lot of distractions.

#27     Sep 18, 2005
  8. In the beginning trading was a synonym for misery to me. I lost all the time and couldn’t find any profitable strategy at all.
    After a few years I started to enjoy trading; i made more winning trades and less losing trades.
    Again a few years later it became boring. I had a system to follow, so i traded on automatic pilot; i didn’t get exited anymore because i knew in advance statistically what the outcome of the trade would be, and what i had to do. I also understood that excitement and joy couldn’t influence the results of my trading, except if it would prevent me from trading my system. In that case it would influence my returns negatively, so i don’t enjoy or get exited anymore.

The only joy i still have is that i know how long i would have to work in a normal job to make the money i make now.

I think boredom is a proof of success if you trade a system. Because trading a good system is boring; the system performs well and there is nothing that you can do to improve it.

#28     Sep 18, 2005
  9. BSAM

BSAM

So, it there was no money to be made, you'd still trade?

#29     Sep 18, 2005
  10. For me it's not so much about how much I enjoy trading as it is about how much I despise working for others.

This trading gig is the best thing ever. You truly get out of it what you put in. Unlike the working world. No ass kissing, no backstabbing, no mind numbing repetitiveness. Just you against the market.

#30     Sep 18, 2005