Tell me how much you enjoy Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 18, 2005.

1. So its not that you are bored when you are winning, rather you are afraid of messing up a good thing. That makes a lot more sense to me than the boredom statement. In an enviroment of unlimited opportunity, I think we all could do better than we are, so why not try and push it :)

#11     Sep 18, 2005
  2. I think mahras2 means he is most happy when he is developing systems...

The boring job of execution always has a silver lining :)

A systems trader is unlike a discretionary trader in this regard...but its all good...

One has a quest for perfection, while the other wants to take as much out of the market as its willing to give...or vice versa :) :) its all good traders...

Michael B.

#12     Sep 18, 2005
  3. When you start looking forward to weekends again you will have arrived.:)

#13     Sep 18, 2005
  4. mahras2

mahras2

Electric> Nope I saved myself from execution grunt work. Automation is a beautiful thing :). Especially in FX when your position can basically blow you up while you sleep. But you have the right idea about trading system development. When an idea is validated its a great feeling.

#14     Sep 18, 2005
  5. Lol...I can't even make my website efficient...let alone coding my trades...I envy you "automated folk"...

#15     Sep 18, 2005
  6. This is sad. you have to get out of the HOUSE. you have gone over to the other side man. ask wifey to splash water on your face or something. actually you may need medicine or electric therapy.

#16     Sep 18, 2005
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

true.

#17     Sep 18, 2005
  8. I know... humor him...I'm getting sick! But I love my option trading :) Just knowing that I follow my system and have a plan is enough. That idiot that I'm married to, taught me this. Now this doesn't mean that you, "discretionary wonders" cannot make up your mind on the fly. I could never do that with all emotions that I experiience, and no not because I am a woman!

Wifey

#18     Sep 18, 2005
  9. you're weird.

#19     Sep 18, 2005
  10. i hate trading. if i am winning like usual, i could always have made more. trader grinch.

#20     Sep 18, 2005