Tell me about stop and reverse strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by IronFist, Feb 18, 2018.

1. bpr

bpr

u can't calculate this with one day worth of trades ...it is meaningless
    u need big enough sample size ...
    may be take all trades in last 6 months

calculate the number of winners and loosers and thus find the winner percetage
    and then calculate avreage winner = summation of winner /number of winners
    and similarly average looser and then find the ratio
    and use the calculation as shown in my previous post to calculate the expectancy

No fancy stuff very simple calculation.

you can calculate same thing with different 6 months period and compare the numbers it should be similar if you are following a consistent strategy

#41     Feb 20, 2018
  2. volpri

volpri

Ok

#42     Feb 20, 2018
  3. speedo

speedo

"People who look for easy money invariably pay for the privilege of proving conclusively that it
    cannot be found on this earth."
    - Jesse Livermore.

#43     Feb 20, 2018
    FreakofNature likes this.
  4. “The game of speculation is the most uniformly fascinating game in the world. But it is not a game for the stupid, the mentally lazy, the person of inferior emotional balance, or the get-rich-quick adventurer. They will die poor.”
    - Jesse Livermore

#44     Feb 20, 2018
    birdman likes this.
  5. volpri

volpri

How did Jesse die? Economically that is?

#45     Feb 20, 2018
    MaxPastukhov likes this.
  6. volpri

volpri

Took another meaningless trade. 5 lots this time. so 8 trades today. all winners.

high win rate. very good average win vs average loss. finished for the day.

TRADES ES FEB 20 2018 last trade.PNG

#46     Feb 20, 2018
  7. Richer than us probably :)

#47     Feb 20, 2018
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  8. volpri

volpri

ROFLMAO

#48     Feb 20, 2018
  9. %%
    I like the name parabolic time price,[PTP] but i so seldom use it, i really HATE to mention it.LOL
    I'm still trying to make sense /spelling of an alligator ossilerator, so i'm not the best one to comment on an indicator:caution::caution: And markets seldom stop,[ OK sometimes 3:00 central time ]so i would not get to excited about any dot indicator.......

#49     Feb 20, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  10. th0masq

th0masq

Anyone use this?

$tick indicator plus candle stick color bar (if $tick is extreme then most indicators would reach there lows or highs)

-1000>$tick>+1000

5min candle stick bar reversed color ((say ES drops 5pts and 5min chart has red bar. (note the low price of ES) next green bar look to enter Long with a stop at 2 ticks from the low)

take profits when STO hits highs or whatever risk reward you use. Risk losing 2pts to make 2 or greater.

this should yield a win rate greater than 50% if you believe that the lows or highs are in place.

Caution!!! if market is down or up big then $tick extreme doesn’t work as good contratrading. Meaning if ES is down 30pts and you see a -1000 tick move down the reversal trade isn’t as good vs a choppy day ES +-10pts range

This strategy will only produce 1-2 trades a day. sometimes none or sometimes 10. Most ppl find it hard to sit and wait for the move..lol

#50     Feb 24, 2018