Tell me about North Carolina

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ElectricSavant, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Weather forecast

Chile today, Hot tamale.

:D

Cmom Bright..open an office in Wilmington already. I dont want to trade from home when we move.

#31     Jun 19, 2006
  2. whats raeigh like? the tv network has been showing some of the city cause of the cup finals. it looks pretty nice.
    it would be nice to go see game 7 tonight:)

#32     Jun 19, 2006
  3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Nice place, but not as cool as Charlotte or with as much to do.

#33     Jun 19, 2006
  4. City...ditto
    Life...ditto
    Taxes...7% income and sales tax!!
    Beach...best in on the East Coast
    Weather...ditto...minus hurricanes
    Schools...dunno
    real estate...getting expensive, but not for relos
    Cuisine...can't get a pizza or curry to save your life
    JOBS...better be in medicine!

#34     Jun 19, 2006
  5. cashonly

$180/sq ft !!!

Holy Crap!!!

You must have that thing blinged out to the max to be paying that much!!!

#35     Jun 19, 2006
  6. I think he's including the cost of the acre lot.

#36     Jun 19, 2006
  7. cashonly

So am I... I live in NC, and am quite familiar with building costs (although, not lot costs, so if he's on the water, that may be a different story).

#37     Jun 19, 2006
  8. chapper

chapper

Raleigh is a cool town too, it caught more of the real estate boom than Charlotte IMO, good locations are expensive... Raleigh and Charlotte are completely different places... Charlotte is built around the center city, which is a huge financial services hub (although you hardly hear anything about that) and Raleigh is east of Research Triangle, which is where most of the jobs are. If you think about the entire Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary and smaller Holly Springs, Apex etc...) you really have one giant city surrounding RTP.

Chapel Hill is really nice place too... some of the best real estate in NC is there...

Oh and if you like College basketball... you can't beat living in the Triangle, it's the college basketball capital of the world. Go Canes... big game 7 tonight

#38     Jun 19, 2006
  9. I have a place outside Lake Lure in the Mountains.....Counting down the when, not IF i make it my permanent residence...

Rutherford County is very cheap and the perfect getaway to the traffic and heat of Florida.

#39     Jun 19, 2006
  10. BCE

BCE

A alternative would be to move here to Santa Barbara and be Oprah's neighbor. The median price of a home in Santa Barbara is now....................drumroll......................$1.25 million. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! But true. :)

#40     Jun 19, 2006