Tell about your education

Discussion in 'Politics' started by swinger, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuton

nuton

Hey darkhorse, since you posted the original reply regarding getting screwed by market-makers, why don't you tell us how it feels, especially without vaseline.:cool:

#111     Apr 28, 2002
  2. It's true that if you really want AND you are smart you can get a decent education even with very little money. But don't tell me education is still inexpensive in the US. In Europe you can attend the best colleges for less than $500 a year. It's in the interest of EVERYBODY that EVERYBODY gets a good education . . And it starts in elementary school , if you didnt have decent teachers and infrastructure how can you even expect going to college? US companies now often import the expertise they need because in some fields they don't find it here .

#112     Apr 28, 2002

3. BOHICA: Bend Over, Here It Comes Again.

It don't feel too good, kid- but the paydays more than make up for it. And it's better than puttin' on a monkey suit or takin' crap from the man...

#113     Apr 28, 2002
  4. Many interesting posts on this thread, and a few not so interesting posts too. At the risk of sounding like a pessimist, which I am not, it seems some people here could use a reminder of some basic life facts. No matter how much money you make, you can't wire the funds to your next life. No matter which school you attended, death doesn't give a flying fuck about your GPA. No matter how pretty the girl, she will get old. Just enjoy what you have while you have it. No, I am not an old fart, I happen to be 22 fyi.

My take on trading, to again hark back to the ealier posts, is that trading has little to do with intelligence and more to do with having enough risk capital, time, wine, and common sense to find a system that works. Then, once you have a basic system that works somewhat, to have the common sense to stick with what works until you are damn sure you have found something better.

#114     May 3, 2002
  5. Rigel

Rigel

Pretty good perspective for a young fart.:)

#115     May 3, 2002

6. As a slightly older fart, I second that (though is the word f@#k really necessary to make a point?)

#116     May 3, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.