telephonic @ hanley group

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Bhoot, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Bhoot

Bhoot

Hi guys, i have telephonic interview with hanley group very soon. has anyone had that experience before? any tips or suggestions??

2. Interviewed with them before......they are one of the biggest players in the grain options pits. Also have a small proprietary trading opporation that is still in its infancy. Usually they start guys out by having them clerk in the options pits for 6-8 months and then slowly move them to the screen.

3. Bhoot

Bhoot

Hey thanks for reply to the post.. i believe u interviewed for trading position? what was the telephonic interview all about.. what type of questions did they ask? btw i am applying for Fin Engineer position..did u get thru??

4. I don't even know what telephonic means??? I would imagine an interview over the phone correct?

Yes I did interview for a trading position and recieved an offer from them but decided to go with another firm that I felt was a better fit for me.

No idea what they would ask a financial engineer.....probably have you do complex equations or something confusing.

Otherwise the questions were just common questions. How long have you been trading? How did you get interested in trading? How profitable are you? What your looking for in a firm? They tell you about their firm and what they are all about and you shake hands and walk away. I never did a phone interview with them......I had a sit down interview.

Good Luck