Telegram Attack

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by dealmaker, Jun 13, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Telegram Attack

The founder of the encrypted messaging app Telegram claims the service has come under massive cyber-attack from China. Pavel Durov said the denial-of-service attacks were timed to coincide with protests in Hong Kong, which have been partly coordinated via Telegram. Bloomberg

2. luisHK

luisHK

Internet has been a mess in China for the last couple of weeks. Internet is always an horror story without vpn in China btw, what I mean is VPN haven't been working well, hence the chinese authorities have been cracking down and trying to block them intensely.
    First the anniversary of what never happened in a central Beijing square 30 years ago, and now the traffic jam of peaceful citizens in HK all rushing to the same flower shop have probably to do with it.

apdxyk and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

Snuskpelle likes this.
  4. Carlll

Carlll

I just dont understand what they are doing? Especially, what is the point of attacking other normal websites? I understand that they are keeping internet heavily under control in their country, but what do they have against internet in other countries?