Teheran: Thanks, America!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pekelo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Hillary or Bush? What's the difference?

Oh yeah, they "pretend" they don't like each other for the benefit of the dumb sheep.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061205/ap_on_re_us/former_president_bush_4

He also talked about his recent friendship with former
    President Clinton. He recalled a political cartoon showing his son, the president, opposing gay marriage and then walking into a room and finding his father on a sofa with Clinton's arm around him, prompting him to shout, "Dad! What are you doing?"

"(Clinton) cut it out of the paper and said, 'Don't you think we ought to cool it, George?'" Bush said.

"Recent friendship" my ass. Did anyone know who Clinton was before he got elected president? Pappy is the one who tapped Clinton on the shoulder in little rock and told him "you're our guy". American Democracy is a suckers illusion. Watch how Hillary wins the next presidency.

#11     Dec 5, 2006
  2. And still,
    nobody finds it even a little odd, that this administration, has successfully carried out almost every one of bin ladens stated aims........

#12     Dec 5, 2006
  3. <i> Pappy is the one who tapped Clinton on the shoulder in little rock and told him "you're our guy".</i>

---> That's beyond ridiculous. Please tell me you're joking.

<i> Watch how Hillary wins the next presidency.</i>

----> Never EVER gonna happen. You're so wrong it's not even funny. <b>If Hillary wins a presidential election, I'll leave ET forever.</b>

#13     Dec 5, 2006
  4. Sam321

Sam321

What stated aims? To occupy Iraq and then hand it over to Iran? I highly doubt that bin Laden, a Sunni, will gladly trade our defeat in Iraq for Iran’s consequential rise to power in the region.

#14     Dec 5, 2006
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

When was the last time the US people were asked for permission for any kind of military action?? Remember, your representatives are not representing you...

#15     Dec 5, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Short of yes. It is like trading/hedge fund managing. Take a giant position. If it works out you are a genius, if it doesn't, well, you screwed up...

#16     Dec 5, 2006
  7. No, OBL's stuff from 95ish is what i was referring to, could'nt find the link i was after.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/etc/cron.html

But consider for a moment, that drug production in afghanistan is at a record high, and the country is still being run by the taliban/extremists in all but name,

that the only secular state in the mideast is now gone, and looking like reverting to extremist government long term,

that obl called for a pan islamic movement (worldwide jihad?)-done-

record us deficits (i recall he wanted to send the us broke etc, its a long term thing, but its working dont you think)

that his objective of fundamentalist control of the middle east, and the rest of the world seems to be working out nicely for him-
    Syrian backed hezbollah (hey, dubya said so himself) in palestine, legitimately,
    arab militia in northern africa ready to roll again in sudan and somalia,
    paris riots,
    outrageous anti us sentiment,
    seive like borders from pakistan to qatar, esp; where it counts on the iranian/afghan& iraqi borders,

Im not sure how, if hes still kicking, he wouldnt be amazed by his stated objective outcomes thus far.

Except for getting the us out of saudi arabia, and the middle east generally (those are long termers to, so dont be jumping up and down with indignance just yet) visa vie;destruction of israel,
    hes done splendidly really.

So well in fact, that it beggars beleif that there has been no particular collusion by most of the parties involved.

#17     Dec 5, 2006
  8. Excellent analogy :)

Risk control is the name of the game. If as a trader you have the habit of taking positions beyond your risk parameters, you will get wiped out... it is only a matter of time.

#18     Dec 6, 2006
  9. Sam321

Sam321

But the Administration did not contribute to global Jihad. Yes it’s expanding and yes it’s having success. You must realize global jihad is a cyclical Muslim societal phenomenon that would happen anyway. This was never bin laden’s movement. He is simply a manifestation of the inevitable tidal forces going on within Muslim society today.

If you’re playing the 20-20 hindsight game, ask yourself what Saddam would do in Iraq today? The past 3 years? Even Saddam couldn’t stop global Jihad and would be forced to ally with them to save his own skin. You know: “the enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

Don’t even mention Afghanistan. It would be 10 times more dangerous today if we did nothing and you know it.

As for bin Laden making us broke, America has over 70 trillion in private wealth. The government is in debt, but I’m sure they will figure out a way to steal baby boomer inheritance money to balance their budgets. So bin laden has a long way to go with this.

#19     Dec 6, 2006
  10. And you wonder why the world hates you? What a vile barbaric backward statement. Going into a CIVILLIAN country and destroying the necessities of life is pure terrorism. Been done many times by the US. But our propraganda tells us that we are brave, goldy liberators, fighting an unimaginable barbaric enemy.

All the little people who toil in US factories making this WMD, I wonder how they sleep. Probably they beleive the State programming that they are spreading "democracy". Man, china has nothing on us when it comes to propaganda.

What's next, you'll tell us that "god" supports you in this destruction? If there isn;t MONEY behind it, we won't do it.

#20     Dec 6, 2006