Teheran: Thanks, America!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pekelo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

"In Teheran, Iranian leaders have made clear that they believe they are the big winners from America's involvement in Iraq. "The kind of service that the Americans, with all their hatred, have done us — no superpower has ever done anything similar," Mohsen Rezai, secretary-general of the powerful Expediency Council that advises the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamanei, boasted on state television recently.

"America destroyed all our enemies in the region. It destroyed the Taliban. It destroyed Saddam Hussein… The Americans got so stuck in the soil of Iraq and Afghanistan that if they manage to drag themselves back to Washington in one piece, they should thank God. America presents us with an opportunity rather than a threat — not because it intended to, but because it miscalculated. They made many mistakes".

Iran also watched with pleasure as America, Britain, France and Germany failed to persuade Russia and China to sign up to a package of sanctions against Iran in a draft United Nations Security Council resolution. The West wanted to punish Tehran for pushing ahead with banned uranium enrichment for its nuclear programme. The US is now drawing up plans for a diplomatic "coalition of the willing" to pursue sanctions outside UN auspices."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/core/Con...xml=/news/2006/12/03/wirq03.xml&site=5&page=0

2. And who do they think America will destroy next? Do Iranians need three attempts to guess who's next on the list? :D :D :D

Seriously though, the article is kind of correct, Bush fucked up big time and Iran is indeed the winner so far...assuming Bush is going to stop fucking up...cause one more Bush's "mistake" and Tehran will be inhabitable in the year 2325.

3. Funny, if everything had went according to plan it would have been 'a great victory for the people of the United States of America". Now that things are going awry it suddenly is "Bush fucked up big time"?

The people to blame are those stupid enough to give him the power, twice!! Many ppl, including me, warned that this man would cause a major worldwide conflict. Those who trusted and voted for him are to blame, although how can you blame an ignorant.

Ursa..

4. I am not a Bush supporter, I did not vote for him, I did not support the war in Iraq (I may support bombing the crap out of Iran though) and I agree with everything you said. The only point I was trying to make was that the Iranian exultation is a tad premature, Bush still has 2 years left, he is not done yet and Iran is next on his list (let alone the Israelis).

5. dd,

chimpboy is tainted material now. Unless there is conclusive proof of Iran providing nuclear material to terrorists, I think it will be impossible to convince the US people to support a strike against Iran. You remember the sheperd boy and the wolf story. Because chimp cried wolf too many times he has lost credibility. Now when a credible threat comes (from Iran), his claims will be ignored. chimp and his jungle mates including dickie has put us and the world in danger by this misadventure in Iraq.

6. Yes dddooo, sorry should'v said, I agree with all the rest of your post. Still best to put blame where it belongs, though; operations as large as these never are done by one man, certainly not one of this caliber. And I think the Cheney guy is the real devil.

Ursa..

7. Cheney pi**ed of the CIA one too many times now. A lot of the 'leaks' (Abramoff, DeLay, Libby) over the past 12 -18 months could not have originated from any other place other than the CIA IMHO
    This Bush presidency will be remembered as one of the most corrupt exercises in the history of the USA. I still find it hard to believe that Bush, a draft dodger, was able to discredit someone like Kerry, and all with the aide of false information ONLY TWO YEARS AGO!
    Incredible stuff!

8. ........... in the process of going to war on false pretext to make a few of it's oligarchs even more wealthy, signed on to its own demise.

9. It's not too difficult when your voter base is low life southern scum. Long live high southern illiteracy rates!! ROTFLMAO!! :D

10. yeah, the south isn't smart enough to elect hillary for the senate, that takes ivy league brains. :p LOL LOL LOL.. where's Barney Frank from? :eek:

#10     Dec 4, 2006