Teens orders chinese food, kills delivery man, calmly eats the food

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Jun 22, 2012.

1. So what are we supposed to learn from this?

#31     Jun 24, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

You have to WANT to learn first. That would exclude you.

#32     Jun 24, 2012
  3. What you learn from it is up to you.

For me, I read the article and my mind asked obvious questions about the assailant that weren't answered in the article. And yes, the assailant's race was one of them, along with the assailant's age, whether or not the person had a violent criminal history, was on parole, etc. I would say that's shitty reporting. Others may not have any questions about the assailant and perhaps would say that wanting to know the race of the person was "racist."

Since there was a stir in this thread about the OP posting pics of the delivery man's assailants, I thought posting the article was topical. In the bus driver's article and video, the omission of the assailant's name, race, age, etc., seems intentional by the reporting company. These are natural questions, why not report on them? I made a guess as to why they were omitted. I didn't learn anything I didn't already know from the exercise.

#33     Jun 24, 2012
  4. That you are a fucking moron.

Wait, we already knew that.

#34     Jun 24, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

You mean to tell me this is not the normal way to get chinese food?

#35     Jun 24, 2012
  6. lol . . . Maxi , you could learn something from this.

#36     Jun 24, 2012
  7. duck or bump...................

stay in your vehicle and call 911

A few months ago same thing happened on the other end of town. Young girl gets in arguement with a guy (body builder) over a parking spot. He clocks her, she hits the ground and kaput brain damage.

#37     Jun 24, 2012
  8. So you think it's important to know he's black. Got it.

#38     Jun 25, 2012
  9. Nah, man. YOU think it's important he's black. You don't need to project your views onto me. I have no qualms about giving you straight answers if you need to ask what I think. Since you missed it the first time around, I'll say it again in a different way. Read slowly and carefully.

I found it fishy that the reporting company omitted the name and any description of the assailant in both the article and videoclip. It identified the victim by name, age, obvious race, and a photo, and there's nothing unusual about that.

When I read a news report about a crime, except in sexual assaults, I usually expect it to contain descriptions of both the victim and the accused, sometimes with photos of both. That's just the standard format I've grown accustomed to after reading news articles for over 40 years.

When a report omits any and all information about the perpetrator, it's because the person hasn't been caught or identified. That wasn't the case here, so the omission is rather conspicuous and got me curious and to research further. As it turns out, the attacker of the 65-year-old man is a young black male with a criminal record, and I easily found the name and picture of the assailant from a smaller news source.

Why wasn't any of this info included in the article or videoclip on a major news site? My guess is the omission was intentional. But why omit something that would be hardly surprising to anyone familiar with the Bronx? It seems futile to me, but other than that I don't have an answer. Since you seem to know all about the importance of identifying blacks as perpetrators of crime, maybe you can tell me.

#39     Jun 25, 2012
  10. achilles28

achilles28

+10

#40     Jun 25, 2012