Teen Unemployment

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PocketChange, May 25, 2012.

1. Lets see.. I can work for $7.25 an hour and get maybe $6 after taxes.
    20 hours part time per week = $120 week. If I can even find a legit minimum wage job.

or I can sell some weed and make $1200/week... Be every ones best friend, get invited to all the parties, Nice car, nice clothes, nice benefits...

Think back to your teens and what the resourceful ones were doing?

SportBookies, Dealers, Tricksters, Scalpers etc...
    There was always someone running some game... House Parties for profit
    Selling Cigs and Beer... Car Radios etc...

Are they really too lazy or too smart?

#11     May 25, 2012
  2. Ya mean no one's parents bought them treasury bonds when they were born? Cashing some of them out at 18 made life that much easier not to mention taking an interest in the markets. I know I still have some financial magazines way back when and it's priceless to see the commentary regarding America's future.

#12     May 25, 2012
  3. The "burnout" kids were looked at like complete losers in high school. The athletes would laugh at them, maybe bully them if needed, and the pot smokers had no backbone to fight back. In fact, they were always smoking and were pretty submissive. They didn't have nice cars, they got high and drunk and stole from others. They wore those ugly t-shirts and somehow forgot to shower daily.

now the sportbookies were a totally different story.

#13     May 25, 2012
  4. But what after highschool. Go to jail....sound good? Some of these people will get lucky, but alot will get caught. Then there's just doing the right thing.

Times are hard, but I'll never question someone who is working at Mcdonalds rather than selling weed to make money.

#14     May 25, 2012
  5. Just print up your own money.
    Govt does it, why can't you? Just be damn good at it and don't get caught...

#15     May 29, 2012