Teen Runaway & Boyfriend Murdered 77-Year-Old Man

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IMFTrader, Feb 10, 2013.

1. [​IMG]
    Chrispen Ramirez, left, and Haley Nicole Bowden.

Teenage girl indicted for first-degree murder
    By TOM McLAUGHLIN / Daily News
    Published: Friday, February 8, 2013 at 18:03 PM.

DeFUNIAK SPRINGS — Hayley Nicole Bowden, the 16-year-old Mossy Head girl implicated in the stabbing death of 77-year-old Arthur Gerald Anderson, will be tried as an adult for first-degree murder.

A Walton County grand jury handed down an indictment Friday, according to Greg Anchors, the chief assistant state attorney in Walton County.

Co-defendant Chrispen Ramirez, 22, of Mossy Head, also has been charged with first-degree premeditated murder.

There is evidence that Bowden and Ramirez stabbed Anderson to death after he caught them entering a home where he was as caretaker, said Assistant State Attorney Bobby Elmore, who will prosecute the pair.

A conviction for first-degree premeditated murder in Florida for years has carried only two possible sentences: death or life in prison without parole.

Bowden cannot face the death penalty because of her age, and recent changes to the law would require a judge at least to consider a sentence with a parole option if she is convicted.

The state attorney’s office has not decided whether to seek the death penalty for Ramirez, Elmore said.

Walton County sheriff’s deputies were looking for Bowden, a runaway, on Jan. 24 when they found her with Ramirez, the Sheriff’s Office reported.

Ramirez pulled a knife or knives when deputies tried to detain him and threatened them. However, he and Bowden were taken into custody without incident.

Anderson’s body was not discoverd until the next day, when deputies found his vehicle half sunk in a pond on Beaver Dam Road in Mossy Head.

After identifying the vehicle as Anderson’s, investigators began a search that led them to home on West Juniper Avenue where the killing had taken place.

The Sheriff’s Office said investigators determined that Bowden and Ramirez killed Anderson after he confronted them trying to break into the home.

“The couple then attempted to burn the residence (where Anderson’s body lay), stole his vehicle, and dumped it later,” the Sheriff’s Office reported.

Elmore revealed Friday that the knives found with Ramirez were those used to kill Anderson.

Bowden and Ramirez also have been charged with arson. Ramirez has been charged with resisting arrest and interference with child custody.

http://www.crestviewbulletin.com/ne...le-arrested-in-connection-with-murder-1.84481

2. I know both of them, went to church with them, lived down the road from them, and went to school with hayley. i honestly cannot belive hayley stayed at my house and in the same room with me. fucking insane.