Ted Nugent on Second Ammendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PAPA ROACH, May 6, 2009.

1. Like the atom, if you take Hendrix (most everybody does) to be the nucleus, whats his name would be an electron on an outer orbit.

inner orbit:

Jeff Beck
    Robben Ford
    Joe Satriani
    Leslie West
    Neal Schon
    Scott Henderson
    Phil Keagy
    Martin Barre
    Billy Gibbons
    Steve Vai
    Steve Morse
    Van Halen
    Brad Paisley

#21     May 6, 2009
  2. Maybe not the best Nugent song but a personal favorite.-Working Hard Playing Hard from Cat scratch Fever.

Kudo's to Magna for mentioning Townshend. His innate ability is often over looked because of his song writing prowess.

Another guy who even Hendrix respected was the late Terry Kath of Chicago. The bands move toward MOR hurt his cred but 25 or 6 to 4 was pretty wicked stuff for circa 1969.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J43uSuQGZb0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J43uSuQGZb0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#22     May 6, 2009
  3. dsq

dsq

big hendrix fan since 1980 ...
    i saw srv in 83-in a theater...same performance as the one on dvd...totally insane abuse of his strat...
    Teds an ass but a good solid player.Not super creative or interesting but he can play.
    The cats i love from the 80s:van halen,randy rhoads,george lynch...
    Van halen took over where jimi left off.Total innovator and pioneer.Seeing vh with roth was what a rock show should model itself after.I never saw another group that put out that energy live.Queen in 81 wasnt shabby either.

#23     May 6, 2009
  4. Maybe you have to be a guitarist to appreciate this, but if you're over 50 and have heard all the cliches guitar has had to offer over the years this is where it's being taken these days when you eliminate the shred metal types that I just can't understand personally. To see this guy live is to experience a quantum leap in
    playing. Its not about "songs" its about exploring the instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bczh5geYYs

#24     May 6, 2009
  5. dsq

dsq

while hes good i find guitar instrumentalists extremely boring...jeff beck,paul gilbert,vai,satriani et al are all great players but without a melodic song its a giant bore to me...thats whats great about hendrix or van halen.Yo have the paint and canvas.These other guys are all paint.

#25     May 6, 2009

6. The canvas is the mind and if you're an instrumentalist you do get an image you can relate to vicariously with instrumentals.
    I don't like all instrumentals like I don't like all songs or even all of a given bands stuff. The closest I come to liking all of an artists stuff is Sting except for that latest lute thing he did and Beatles. With instrumentals you pick them apart and watch for the next clever thing he does like watching Barry Sanders or Jordan do their thing. Convinced? Didn't think so, check out this next link I post.

#26     May 6, 2009
  7. #27     May 7, 2009
  8. It is quite a leap from Ted Nugent to Segovia. Haroki huh, you don't happen to be a keyboardist are you?

#28     May 7, 2009
  9. LOL.

No I just like classical guitar music. Great background music when you're whipping up something in the kitchen.

And not a keyboardist either. Not much of a musican period. I took a guitar class at my local JC, but at the start of the second semester I sliced my bird finger on the fret hand and severed the nerve, had surgery that didn't take, and so the end of my finger is numb for life now. So I can't tell if I'm on the string or not, and I end up deadening an adjacent string most of the time unless I look at it. Not very conducive to getting good when you're still learning.

#30     May 8, 2009