techniques of tape reading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by paulus, Sep 10, 2003.

1. In your book you mentioned you took $10K to $200K in 20 months. About what were your trading profits from this last, difficult year? Is is similar to what you describe in the book (approx north of $100K/ yr) or have you reverted to the mean trading-wise?

Also when you lost your initial funds and reached the low point of $10K, how much did you start with?

#51     Sep 23, 2003
  2. Threei

Threei

let me refrain from exact figures and limit my answer to: I trade everyday and trade proftably. This last year was actually much easier than 2001-2002 were.

I started with a bit north of 40K.

#52     Sep 23, 2003
  3. Threei

Threei

I answered this so many times, it's not even funny anymore... For the last time:

I guess it's time to end my participation in this discussion. From necessity to repeat same things over and over I gather I said everything there was to say on the subject, and the book contains most of what I had to say, anyway. Thanks for good words to those who had them, hope the book will help you in everyday's trading.

Vad

#53     Sep 23, 2003
  4. From your answer, I take it that you have not pulled a Hitman and reverted to the mean after your run-up to $200K and that you have been more or less consistently profitable since then.

#54     Sep 23, 2003
  5. solid

solid

Vad,
    I'm sorry, I have not read the second part yet. my fault

#55     Sep 23, 2003

6. Translation: I think I'll dodge that tricky, yet ever sensible and justified, question of just how much money I make trading. (Geez, given that I claim to trade every day, next thing you know they're going to be asking me to post a track record of my entry/exit points! Outrageous!)

#56     Sep 24, 2003

7. Well, think about it.

$200/month x 50-100 subsribers - costs = ~$5,000-10,000/month.

Yeah, I'd say he's been consistently profitable ever since.

#57     Sep 24, 2003
  8. Since when this saying "but wolves decided otherwise" is a russian joke ? Does not remind me of any russian proverb or any known joke.

#58     Sep 24, 2003
  9. Heh, how about telling us all a russian proverb or known joke?
    Do you know any? I would like to hear some...

#59     Sep 24, 2003
  10. Yes, capitalism is good. Communism is bad no?

#60     Sep 24, 2003