techniques of tape reading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by paulus, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Threei

Threei

Little addition: to say honestly, I also have hard time understanding why you would make blanket statement about our work obviously not reading it and probably not being familiar with what we do, how we trade etc. Is it that generic "beat the vendor" elite syndrom? You strike me as someone smarter than that...

#41     Sep 23, 2003
  2. solid

solid

i've read it and it is definately good but it wasn't what i expected. no concrete examples of tapereading. i don't know if im just reading the wrong books but everyone seems to just be telling their own personal story.

#42     Sep 23, 2003
  3. Well, truth be told, I actually did hang out in your room for a week last year. So, I guess while I'm not completely familiar with every last detail of what you're doing, I probably know enough to talk generally about it. In any case, I wasn't really critical of your 'techniques' in your book (insofar as they are discussed :)) nor your website (yet); it's not a blanket statement I was making -- apart from the don't expect this book to fulfill your trading dreams, which can be applied to every trading book -- but rather a specific critique, about the amount of 'non-technique' content (35%), and I did state it as a personal opinion.

Hehe, yeah, I'll admit that plays a role. Calling it "generic" is cute. I happen to think the criticism is well placed. Still, as far as all that goes, maybe you'll be happy to know I give you and your gang passing marks. :)

Anyway Vad, it's time I learnt to say nothing if I can't say anything nice, so I'll leave this alone.

#43     Sep 23, 2003
  4. Threei

Threei

Hmmm? Have you just stopped at part 1? Entire second part is not about tape reading? And those 32 examples are examples of what?

LOL...

#44     Sep 23, 2003
  5. paulus

paulus

threei,

you don't need support here from us ...
    after all you faced the maffia before :D

paulus

#45     Sep 23, 2003
  6. paulus

paulus

we are indeed grateful to the authors of the book ...
    sorry alfonso ..

#46     Sep 23, 2003
  7. Threei

Threei

LOL... even more than that - I faced the market, and I survived :)

#47     Sep 23, 2003
  8. Why don't you look up the traditional definition of tape reading? You may be able to learn something yourself.

#48     Sep 23, 2003
  9. Threei, don't let the naysayers get you down. Most of them are
    just jealous they cannot write a book much less trade at all.
    And for the ones who haven't even read the book and are talking
    crap about it must be a little thick in the head... :p

#49     Sep 23, 2003
  10. [ better match to book content. It was supposed to be: A TRADER'S JORNEY INTO REALITY: Revitalization of a Lost Art of Tape Reading. As one russian joke goes: but wolves decided otherwise... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

They are the pros at their business Threei and I think they were right on this one.

#50     Sep 23, 2003