techniques of tape reading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by paulus, Sep 10, 2003.

1. these guys are stuck in the past--yeah they made money back in the day but the trade what you see thing is finito. now i guess they write books to pay the bills. people still trade the nasdaq ?? nothing in here about nyse.

jacK

#11     Sep 15, 2003
  2. Threei

Threei

Not often you meet a guy who thinks his way to trade is the only way to trade... his market is the only market... on top of that he knows how other people pay their bills and whether they make money... passes judgement who is thing of what times. Well, rare find :)

#12     Sep 15, 2003
  3. tdoc

tdoc

I've got it and can't wait to read it. Writers generally don't get rich on trading books. Dave Landry went into that a little on his thread. I think Vadym and Chris very likely have something terrific to contribute, and if you spend one day in their chatroom, it is apparent that they are successful traders.

#13     Sep 15, 2003
  4. Threei

Threei

You can't be closer to the truth. It's ridiculous actually... but then, we knew it before we even started. Anyone who thinks trading book can pay his bills - hey, you are welcome to try, let me know when my "told ya so" moment comes :D

Thanks for good words, tdoc!

#14     Sep 15, 2003
  5. Tide31

Tide31

Vad,
    Took a few hours to skim through your book from cover to cover. Going back to read all the parts I missed now. Trading actively since 1986 and yours is one of the better trading/journal books I have read. Only trade the NQ's and NASDAQ myself now. Too much slippage with the monopoly in place at the NYSE. Dick's annual income is the least of their problems. Only non-electronic major exchange left in the world - embarrassing. And the Spoo's are over-traded by manipulators. Your observations are not time sensitive, they've worked for ages and will continue to work. Figure out what everyone else is looking at and going to do, and do the exact opposite. Thanks for taking the time to write it. Might want to drop the $50 tag, you'll get a lot more fans! -Tide

#15     Sep 15, 2003
  6. Why don't you do an ET chat on tape reading?

#16     Sep 15, 2003
  7. ramuk

ramuk

For those that might be interested, try Kazzaa

It's supposed to be the classic and is pretty good.

#17     Sep 16, 2003

8. What is Kazzaa?

#18     Sep 16, 2003
  9. Threei

Threei

Tide, I agree with you on NYSE vs NASDAQ... I prefer competition game where each player is for himself, and NYSE with its control over price movement by single person orchestrating the trading is not it. I realize however that many prefer listeds and I am far from claiming that what I trade is the only good market. It's just more suitable for me and my method of reading.

As for price tag - it's totally beyond our control. You would be amazed how little control authors have over many issues, including even - believe it or not - title of the book! I am totally unhappy with current title and consider our original version much better match to book content. It was supposed to be: A TRADER'S JORNEY INTO REALITY: Revitalization of a Lost Art of Tape Reading. As one russian joke goes: but wolves decided otherwise... :)

#19     Sep 16, 2003
  10. Threei

Threei

I'd be glad to... I am just under impression that this kind of things is reserved for paying advertisers of EliteTrader.

#20     Sep 16, 2003