techniques of tape reading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by paulus, Sep 10, 2003.

1. paulus

paulus

hi,

has anyone already read "Techniques of Tape Reading"
    by Vadym Graifer & Christopher Schumacher ?
    what are your findings ? was it worth reading ?

regs,
    paulus

2. axehawk

axehawk

It was just released.

3. paulus

paulus

oeps thought it was already released earlier;
    thanks

4. axehawk

axehawk

I've ordered my copy, but i haven't gone to pick it up yet.

5. Threei

Threei

We are going to hold Q/A session on the book on Monday Sept 22., with some presentation for those who haven't read it yet. Details are on our website. Drop by if you are interested, we will be glad to talk - direct conversation is more productive than formal book reviews.

Looking forward to see you.

Vad

6. Pretty good.

7. Threei

Threei

Thank you. This is first response from elite community, so I value it pretty much :)

8. Where is this website?
    Thanks

sulong

9. Merc

Merc

10. jlcarey1

jlcarey1

I finished reading the book. The first section is on the psychology of trading and it is well done!! It clearly explains the proper mental state that one needs to have in order to be successful in this crazy business.

The rest of the book explains tape reading with many examples. Tape reading, of course, is being defined in this book as the relationship between the chart, current price and volume. The examples are clear and good.

I would recommend it for anyone, but especially beginners. For experienced traders, there isn't anything "Earth-shattering" in it, but it could be used to reinforce certain concepts that you might be struggling with.

Overall: B+

#10     Sep 15, 2003