Techniques for Day Trading the ES, NQ, YM, MES, MNQ, and MYM

Discussion in 'Journals' started by volpri, Sep 26, 2019.

1. volpri

volpri

Take a big bar on any Time Frame. Trades can be taken over and over on most any decent size bar. All large bars are trends on a Lower time frame. View them that way. This is a 1 hour chart of the same price action and the same trades taken on the 5 minute chart that I posted above. The 5 minute chart shows the trend. Really a 3 legged trend from the open. One from open RTH’s to the first sideways move. Then 2 legs in the measured move down. Look at this in the 5 min chart in my previous post, just above this one.

So, this 3 legged bear trend was all wrapped up in the two bears bars of this 1 hour

On these big bear bars, in this one hour chart, price just slides up and down. These moves up are just PB’s and sideways moves on the smaller TF’s. So, I can trade right off the big TF without even seeing the smaller TF.

Profitable trades can be made on these larger bars easily if one can manage their trades. Even averaging in short as price slides up! These are the very same trades on taken on the 5 minute chart. Four of those trades on the 5 min had averaged down trades...i.e. adding more shorts to a losing short position. Why? AGAIN...CONTEXT!

Money can be made on MOST bars! Remember than. I don’t need 40 point trades to make money.

A0C942AA-4BBD-4DA7-A6FA-735F11A872A6.jpeg

#51     Oct 2, 2019
    MACD likes this.
  2. volpri

volpri

I’ll be adding more....ENJOY!

#52     Oct 2, 2019
  3. volpri

volpri

15 minute chart of same PA and same trades. Tight channel down. 75% probability that any attempted BO of top of the channel will fail, until one finally does succeed. But good odds to be shorting.

TACTICS: (two)

1) short in middle and top third and exit on moves towards middle of the channel or lower.

2) on bear bars or bars following strong bear bars can start short in lower third of the channel and average down as price moves against the position. That is add more shorts then exit on any move towards the middle or low of the channel. Example: see the same 10 lot trade mentioned in the 5 min charts above.

In strong steep bear channels that are broad with several points in their width does a trader really want to be going long? Can go long as broad enough in points to do so but it is easier to be shorting and using shorting tactics.

D6571BCF-0D2C-41AB-B499-651BCD88DBFC.jpeg

#53     Oct 2, 2019
  4. volpri

volpri

Last magic for today. “The best indicator of Price is Price itself.” Linda Raschke

BBED6D93-6AB3-4307-925B-2FBBDCD2BA7D.jpeg

#54     Oct 2, 2019
    trader1974 likes this.
  5. trader1974

trader1974

All this is true? Do intraday traders really exist?

#55     Oct 3, 2019
  6. Sprout

Sprout

Yes, all true. Successful Intraday traders exist. By increasing one’s level of differentiation, the market system of operation invites one to trade faster timeframes.

This is happening while the peanut gallery brays how it can’t be done.

Best thing is to roll up one’s sleeves, and get to work exploring different methodologies and mastering one that resonates.

ps I trade very differently than volpri (volume inclusive) and similar underlying principals of successful intraday trading apply.

#56     Oct 3, 2019
    David's faith, trader1974 and qlai like this.
  7. trader1974

trader1974

Volpri, I would like to ask you a question. If the weekly context is bearish, the bullish daily context, the context in 4 hours is bearish, the context in 2 hours bullish, the context in 1 hour bearish, the context in 30 minutes bullish, the context in 15 minutes bearish and the context in 5 minutes bullish, then what operative would you do, long or short. This is a serious question because the context is always depends on how you look at it. Can you help me?

#57     Oct 3, 2019
  8. speedo

speedo

I don't answer for Volpri but I have been day trading for years. Your setup has to be taken in the context of the time frames you use. THAT is your trading universe.

#58     Oct 3, 2019
    beginner66, MACD, Grantx and 2 others like this.
  9. trader1974

trader1974

Thank you very much speedo, I appreciate your response. I left my job to do trading at home but I had to leave it and return to my old job, in swingtrading I am profitable but the intraday costs me a lot, I think you have to see the force of the price near the moving averages and act accordingly, any advice is appreciated

#59     Oct 3, 2019
  10. speedo

speedo

Don't be discouraged, it takes a lot of time and observational effort to be able to understand price discovery as it is occurring and then formulating a trade plan suited to YOU. We are all different and there are no two identical trade plans.

#60     Oct 3, 2019