Technicians with holes in their shoes and frayed shirt collars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crgarcia, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Oh it's absolutely related, specifically the part that talks about misdirection (I think it's that thread).

As I said on the previous page (or a previous page, depending on how many posts you have per page in the forum settings), there are easy ways to prove that a trading system works. Avoiding specific questions is not one of those ways.

I know if I was trying to sell a system, or trying to prove that I was a a profitable trader, I would be posting screen shots and call live trades, etc.

When someone asked a question about my system I certainly wouldn't redirect, or insult them, or shrug it off as a joke or say it's unimportant. But then again, I'm not a mystical Yoda who only speaks in riddles where the masses just don't get what I'm saying the first time I say it because it's super evolved guru speak. You see, that's what scammy internet (and real life) vendors do. People who are legit give straightforward answers because they have nothing to hide.

The thought of "oh shit, I hope the conversation doesn't go in this direction" never occurs to legit people, so there's no reason to ignore questions, or disregard anything, or shrug something off, etc.

But then again, I'm sure everyone in this thread already knows all of this...

... if not, I have this awesome profitable system I would love to sell you, but I can only post after-the-fact charts and don't bother asking me any questions because the rules are SO complex that you have to be a genius (like me) to understand. Oh and if you can't make it work, it's because you're dumb, not because my system doesn't work: you just need to study it harder. Oh and if you question it, I'll just insult you or redirect the discussion so the topic of my system not possibly being profitable never comes up and I never lose my "credibility."

[​IMG]

#51     Mar 9, 2010
  2. I've never avoided specific questions. If you go back through my posts or ask others who have, I have, in great detail, laid out exactly what I do and restated it numerous times to clarify each point. You've been here 18 months, I've been here almost 6 years sharing exactly what I do. I've shared this openly so individuals could validate it on their own without any financial commitment to a vendor.

I have a website but I never mention it in my posts or solicit people to pay me money. Hell, I give it away for free for those who aren't lazy. I even freely share my indicators. I've given those out to over 150 here on this site, all for the purpose of personal validation of what I do.

Do not preach to me unless you read all 4800+ of my posts to make an informed an intelligent decision based on ALL of the information. Not just what the lazy unintelligent slimy trolls want you feed you. Think for yourself.

I retaliate against the false posts . . . period. If you choose not to validate that position I can't force you to read what have been posted in black and white so you may see what is true and what is not. That being the case when you make unsubstantiated comments and posts I will treat you the same way.

#52     Mar 9, 2010
  3. As you can see I don't have to mention my site when we have idots like Davey boy here on this site.
    You can see for yourself on the site that there are no seminars but he posts the lie so you will believe it instead of checking for yourself.

If you think someone can earn a living selling a few books a year Davey are are dumber than I even thought.

What I will embrace is that this nickname will be banned like all your others ones by morning.

#53     Mar 9, 2010
  4. Whoa tough guy, I never mentioned you.

All I did was lay out some general guidelines for noobs to keep in mind when encountering "gurus" online. Would you say it's a good list, or would you disagree with any of them?

I do seem to recall some ambiguity and misdirection in the "ProfLogic's Method" thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146039

Of course that was like a year ago and I don't have time to read all 1356 replies right now, but maybe if I get bored later.

#54     Mar 9, 2010
  5. Sorry, you responded to my comment & quoted me, so yes, you directed your comments to me. I try to be accurate.

I agree with the guidelines. Common sense dictates that no one should blindly follow anyone without validating the information they offer personally. For God's sake this is trading and a career here. We are talking about real money. We all work extremely hard for what we earn in the markets or in our jobs and should never throw it away on someone hot air.

In regards to that thread, it was 16 months ago and I find it amazing since you couldn't "find the time" to be accurate in your comments regarding the thread but you choose to paraphrase & comment on the possibility of some ambiguity or misdirection. You are wrong but I guess it will take you getting bored to find the facts and begin to make accurate statements in these threads.

#55     Mar 9, 2010
  6. How about someone that has made money investing with Davey boy here . . . anyone?
    I'm not trying to sell anything here but you are troll.
    Countdown to the BAN!

#56     Mar 9, 2010
  7. joe4422

joe4422

The whole thing is dumb anyway. No one has holes in their shoes or frayed collars any more. Since we now import everything from China, everyone can get a pair of shoes for 8 bucks and a shirt for 3 bucks.

Larry Williams has always been a big technical analysis basher. He started a newsletter a couple of years ago, and has lost money. His incredible cycle work, didn't work out so well.

These guys are just in business to catch traders are giving up and looking for something else. They tell them what they want to hear, yeah, that stuffs all crap, here take a look at this, this is really good.

Welcome to the crap spewing industry we're all part of.

#57     Mar 9, 2010
  8. The reason I quoted you is because you said it wasn't relevant, but it is relavent.

Why is it hard to believe that I don't remember something from a thread that I lost interst in a year ago? I barely remember what I did yesterday.

#58     Mar 9, 2010
  9. Technically speaking here you're avoiding his question about if anyone successfully uses your method by using the redirection method.

20angrygurus asked:

Does anyone use the Proflogic method succesfully?

You replied:

How about someone that has made money investing with Davey boy here . . . anyone?

Redirection.

Just saying.

#59     Mar 9, 2010
  10. Wow, that is too bad. B vitamins will help.

#60     Mar 9, 2010