Technicians with holes in their shoes and frayed shirt collars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crgarcia, Mar 3, 2010.

1. When all you have going for you is self promotion, you have to try to be persistent I guess.

#41     Mar 8, 2010
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I doubt that's marketsurfer considering he uses charts and has often posted his price action only (TA) thoughts.

Mark

#42     Mar 8, 2010

3. 1) Really? There's nothing ignorant about not clinging to an outdated and disfunctional conceptual-framework.

2) Hurst Exponent (KAOS on Bloomberg) EMH, if it were real, would show it flatlining, more or less

3) Corner the market? Well, the only thing stopping me is the fact that I'm not a trillionaire. Come to think of it, that's the only thing stopping anyone.

#43     Mar 8, 2010
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Exactly, first there needs to be a market that can be cornered. Next, you need to have the funds and market collaboration from other key participants to corner the market.

Great example is the billionaire HUNTS in their quest to corner the Silver markets. They almost did it after creating a silver shortage by sending/hiding large quantities of it in Switzerland instead of keeping it in the U.S.

http://www.silvermonthly.com/182/bunker-hunts-attraction-silver-history-cornering-silver-market/

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/optioninvestor/09/silver-thursday-hunt-brothers.asp

I remember clearly the Gold and Silver markets back then when I was a kid as if it was today because my old man (a floor trader at the time) would often talk about it with his trading pals he invited over for dinner.

Mark

#44     Mar 8, 2010
  5. So true, and the only thing that stopped them was margin requirement changes for the metals contracts and the Fed. The Hunt's were made an example of by the regulators. It can be done.

#45     Mar 8, 2010
  6. Proflogic and his ban of logical chart annotaters ( pre PC, of course!)

[​IMG]

#46     Mar 8, 2010
  7. Nah, this is a picture of a David Goodboy rah rah session for the hedge funds he promotes. The poor people are singing a 600 foot contract of disclaimers and fine print explaining why his funds can't consistently make money from their investments.

My past courses were never PC free.

#47     Mar 9, 2010
  8. #48     Mar 9, 2010
  9. #49     Mar 9, 2010
  10. Surf doesn't have a fund he has a dog and pony (phony) show promoting a fund.
    Fifteen million is all you could drum up? What a loser.
    Post some verifiable statements for those numbers.
    Oh you can't . . .
    You have a fund and don't know what the year to date numbers are . . . . what a troll..:D :D :p :p :p

I'm as much of a stealth vendor as you are a pedophile Davey Goodboy.

#50     Mar 9, 2010