Technicians with holes in their shoes and frayed shirt collars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crgarcia, Mar 3, 2010.

1. You mean like self promoting without being a vendor? Only you Davey.
    Even a blind squirrel will fins a nut once in a while.

#31     Mar 8, 2010
  2. No, once you've established relationships between certain 'things' you look at, and have the metrics in place to determine its viability, then you place the trades whenever they align, follow your trade mgmt plan, and exit when your TA tells you to. No subjectivity, no skipping trades because you 'feel' it's not right. TAKE EACH TRADE when your proprietary TA aligns. And you accept the results as you've tested out the relationships you use so thoroughly and extensively.

#32     Mar 8, 2010
  3. 95% of ALL traders fail.
    Some traders use Technical Analysis exclusively.
    Some traders use Fundamental Analysis exclusively.
    Some traders use a mix of both.
    According to the MTA the mix is pretty evenly spread for stocks and tipped a little more toward TA for futures, commodities and options, yet 95% fail.
    Seems the common factor here is 95% of traders can't use anything to be consistently profitable not just TA.

Ah regarding prop shops . . . , if they were such a beacon of light in the industry then ALL of their traders would consistently fall into the 5% category and every trader in the world would be breaking the prop shop's doors down to have them train them. Sorry to say that neither one of those scenarios are the case.

Yes, the FACTS do speak for themselves.

#33     Mar 8, 2010
  4. Thanks. Proprietary TA. Would that be custom indictors and things like that?

So in a prop shop they are not using TA. But they wouldn't use Fundamentals because that would give them so few trades would it not? So can I assume you are talking about trading off of the DOM looking at bid/ask/orer size info etc??

#34     Mar 8, 2010
  5. Could be custom indicators, could be taking traditional indicators and using them in ways most people haven't or don't. It's about being creative, looking for correlation anywhere you can. It does take quite a bit of time to see enough market data to find these correlations but they are there

:)

#35     Mar 8, 2010
  6. The chart I'm posting here is a chart that labeled the trades. The ability you "poke fun at". The labels appear on the chart in real time, as they happen. Not only did it label the trades but I have audio alerts on the labels to verbally tell me a trade is executing or exiting. No magic simply programming of a successful objective strategy.
    This is why I say that it is impossible to prove me wrong because all I have to do is set up the computer, turn it on, and sit back and watch the program execute the entries and exits. The stupid computer will out trade you or anyone you put up against it.

This example is a swing chart over the last 6 weeks. 7 trades of which 4, including current are winning trades. 3 losses are quick and small. Nothing is perfect but what I have is consistently successful.

#36     Mar 8, 2010
  7. garyjohn aka marketsurfer's posts were removed.

#37     Mar 8, 2010

8. Hmmmm, this begs the obvious question--- why do you use charts at all? Computers don't "read charts" they are merely to illusitrate a point to humans. the most basic observation comes up not as it seems, i see. could it be them charts are just to lure noobs to the seminars and book? Something is very fishy here!

However, it could be all cleared up, if you would just post one them charts prior to the FACT. Impossible?? yeah, I think so.

:D

#38     Mar 8, 2010
  9. Hey, nice to see you back again . . . and again . . . and again . . . and again . . . and again . . . and again . . . and again . . . Davey Boy. That was a quick recovery.

My computer program reads natural chart oscillations. You wouldn't understand that since you are all about chaos and can't program.

Posting a chart in real time. Sure, why? I have nothing to prove except that you are a fool and we all know that already.

#39     Mar 8, 2010
  10. Guy, you keep getting banned. Maybe that's a hint you are not wanted?

:)

#40     Mar 8, 2010