Technicals indicators don't work for day trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jimclark, Feb 7, 2007.

1. It seems to me somtimes technical idicators don't work for daily trades even if you have 1-minute, 5-minute or 25-min time intervals.

I wonder what indicators you guys use for day trades, day trends, etc...

2. Price, volume, ATR, price, MAs, S&R, price, and price.

3. technical indicators only work 30% of the time. And only when the market has high volume and is trending strong. Tell us what technical indicators you are using and then maybe somebody can help you. Post a screen shot of your set up.

4. Volume is light the last three days, and it is eery.

It's almost as if there's market manipulation going on.

5. You have to combine indicators with strategy. Search around and you'll find an edge. When you get it right PM me.:D

6. Haha, I find funny people say this. Tech indicators work just fine in daytrade, just you need know how to use them and apply context to situation. cant take at face value as universal law. geez, people so lazy, they think if tech ind not magic formula right off the bat, they dismiss as useless.

-Harry

7. Most of "daytraders" tend to use PREM/DISC, depth of book, RS to futures and peers vs. the technical indicators. Technicals tend to be more helpful for investing, IMO.

FWIW,

Don

8. Good old fashion pivot points.
    They have been around since the beginning of time.
    Its basically what a high percentage of the floor traders are looking at and that's why they work.

9. Mr.Bright,
    Would u mind explaining how u recommend daytraders(ES) effectively utilize PREM/DISC? Go long when certain amt.above fair value,vice versa,etc...? Thank you !

10. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Yeah! Floor traders rule, especially as 70% of volume is now done on the screen.

:confused:

#10     Feb 7, 2007