Technical Strategy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tums, Oct 3, 2008.

1. An important lesson I take from today - don't start a day without a pre-flight check.

#51     Oct 9, 2008
  2. ehorn

ehorn

Yep, I felt I had the pre-flight check down, and caught the first leg and the turning point. Just missed the soc (1:30-35 area bars) as a dom traverse level completion. :)

The log does tell me when I am uncertain though and when WMCN is NOT. I need to work on my sensitivity to signals.

#52     Oct 9, 2008
  3. :) Sequences, Sequences, Sequences. They work like a swiss watch. Good thing one can catch it on YM ahead of time if one's off. Took me 3 min to figure out where I was wrong. Used to be an overnight type of thing.

#53     Oct 9, 2008
  4. I last posted on page 51 and the last page now is 63.

Boot camp is going well and I will read the posts and look for some logs.

For those using 3M micro pore, the deal is to make a fold back square on one end and this gives you a tab for removing the tape to drink and eat.

For boot camp, drinking is done in bunches of ounces. A day's ration in ounces is your ewight in pounds divided by 2. I drink a little more than that and when I check the troops hiking, I look at backs of hands for dehydration. The "tell" is veins that are sticking up and are enlarged. A person must step up the pace of drinking until these veins get back to normal. Over half of you are always dehydrated so get with the program, start drinking more water until this symptom does not reappear.

Use the pull back on the tab for snacking. after breakfast, bring a pile of quality snacks for the duration of the day's trading. throw out everything you have on your site that is not of high quality. A few nuts a day, fruits and raw veges are very good. No dips. Eat only stuff that looks like what it did when it was on the plant it grew on. Cut back a lot on the stuff that had eyes, ears, or was breathing at one time.

Here is the focus for the 0 --2 and the C0 -- 2: we are getting in balance so we are pumping max 0 --2 to the brain and NOT depriving it of 50% of its normal input.

Being sympathetic is a no no. A sympathetic state is the fight or flight inital sensory state. We will have a bio feedback system running soon. A Red column and its % is the measure of fight or flight. We want that column empty at all times.

We operate in a parasympathetic modus. There is no fight or flight component. A Green column and its % is the measure of your personal appreciation and gratitude. That is the appreciation and gratitude that you have and give to yourself as a consequence of how your work, performance and personal attitude and emotions relate in your trading partnership with the market. In other words you like yourself and you are happy with you situation. By going through boot camp you are getting to "know that you know".

By doing MADA and having closure at each cycle; you "know that you know". By drawing short lines at the end of two bars, You know that you know. You are finding out that the sequences told to you by your partner, the market, are always there and always underway. So it the log row above the row you are filling in at any time. There is always a referent value for you to deduce a vector and magnitude from.

Boot camp uses ignore to not have any distractions from the work and the process. The job is to do MADA. The job is to trade with 1 contract by being in the market, on the right side of the market and making money as price changes. The log has a volume then price column; you use a vocabulary of symbols to write how the very well known P, V relation is operating at the time. Then you write the MODE as a C or X, a choice of one or another symbol. The Remarks column is a vertical list of the sequences of the market which follow an order that appears as Analysis is done. For a beginner there are about 10 vocabulary words and/or numbers or directions used. When X appears in the MODE column, then an R appears in the D column. housekeeping is done to the right in a limited manner for comparison with the print at the end of the day during debriefing.

ALL of this is parasympathetic and has only to do with appreciation and gratitude with repsect to yourself for getting the job done for the welbeing of yourself and those in your world.

Sympathetic things all start with fight or flight. They are there to protect a person who is in a situation or circumstance where self protection is important, more important than anything else. In mind-body-heart parlance this is automatic survival time and the C0--2 and the 0 --2 imbalance is causing a person to exercise maximum personal protection to deal with the unknown. Fight or flight. the typical emotions ar anxiety, fear and anger. All caused by NOT "knowing that you know". It is a time when a person cannot and does not go across the row of the log to complete the MADA. A person would be taking another look and starting to look again all instead of doing the MADA routine.

By keeping all of MADA on a binary basis, it is NOT possible to write down "I do not know at this time" in the volume column, the Price column, the MODE column, the Remarks column, the D column. If you know, you are able to appreciate and have gratitude for where you ARE. It is a BE DO HAVE orientation.

What boot camp is all about is NOW. It is being a beginner in NOW and looking at volume and price. Hiking up and down the volume mountains on a trail that has a color (either one of two colors). We have internals showing up and we HOLD through these since internals do not occur on change MODE situations or circumstances.

It is hard for a beginner to stay in NOW and breath and march along filling in rows. A person can find out that they get exhausted by doing MADA just because they are not in good shape.

If a person is proceeding to point 2, then that person is one long ways away from the FTT that will be the next place a MODE X or a D column R will be written on a row. You know you know where you are and you can appreciate and be grateful that you are steaming along in the market, on the right side and price is changing.

We are not in boot camp to be put in any position that you do not know that you know. It is a BINARY boot camp and not a probability or betting boot camp.

Next weekend we move up the ladder in skills. You will have a lot of logs for reference, you will have debriefing comments that show how day to day you learned an additional thing or two. You can just sit and spread things out and move closer to comfort, support and confidence.

we are adding more and more memory. This aditional experience gives you more and more synaptic connections. Your inference is getting to be more and more differentiated. As you sense you merge the sensing with the improved inference to gain the PERCEPTION that gives you the MODE, Remarks and Dcolumn entries. Keep adding each day's work to your 3 ring binder.

I have to read through posts and do comments for a while.

#54     Oct 9, 2008
  5. ehorn

ehorn

Indeed! Takes work... lots and lots of work...

I can see and feel it in the review of my log where knowing that you know is nice (as you say support, comfort, confidence) and areas of confusion are non-binary and definately sympathetic state. You are most generous with your time.

#55     Oct 9, 2008
  6. You probably will want to do some maintenance on the blank logs.*

I recommend hand writing all columns and making a mess. The messes are instructive.

As during the end of the day today, there is a lot of price movement as time passes. It was generally away from the RTL meaning moving from right to left. This is a good time to reflect on your appreciation and gratitude for YOURSELF; you are placing yourself in a more comfortable place and as a partner with the market both of you are doing a good job.

As you work, and more and more remain restful and competent, you will begin to notice when the parasympethetic modus gets flakey. Here you see tinges of your past types of efforts creeping into the picture. If and when this is a conscious feeling, then beardown on adding more "color" to your columns as you were three or four rows above.

Iterative Refinement is a good place to go to pick up a print of the day for debriefing. there is no rush. we keep doing all that we do now and simply add layers of sophistication to it as the weeks of boot camp go by.

* It may be that you can now use 2 or 3 columns under each of volume and price. you may want to "differentiate" for different commonly used symbols. If you begin to notice that your "differentiation for volume" is working in an order that is repeating, then use that order for the sub columns.

#56     Oct 9, 2008
  7. Neoxx

Neoxx

Have you tried 3M transpore?... much more comfortable.

Stu Mittleman (ultra-marathon runner) endorses a similar approach in Slow Burn.

I'm working very hard, am grateful, appreciative and very cognizant of the rare opportunity afforded by the Boot Camp you've been so generously running, but (as is evident by my logs, posted on the Iterative Refinement thread) I am still frequently beset by not knowing that I know.

The emotion is not so much the issue... having been confronted with situations far more dire and emergent than a trading position moving against me, maintaining calm has rarely been a problem. In fact, I pride myself on my sang froid. My problem thus far is more a case of correct and complete understanding of all the signals.

As a consequence of the above, I'm not entirely confident about moving from paper to dollars on this just yet.

I've found this point particularly difficult to reconcile e.g. 1st change signal on the posted chart of 3.10.8.

While it's clear there are others who would derive maximal benefit from added tools and sophistication, I unfortunately cannot number myself amongst them yet.

#57     Oct 10, 2008
  8. Munck

Munck

Hello everyone,

For those using Apple Numbers spreadsheet, here's my log template. Comments welcome:)

Jack, thanks for your valueable insights.

#58     Oct 11, 2008
  9. Neoxx

Neoxx

Jack,

Just a quick note.

I hope you didn't construe the above as a wish to slow the boot camp, or derail the intended syllabus. Just didn't feel as though I had all of the basics down cold. I've managed to clear the rest of my weekend, which should allow sufficient time for me to clarify some of the nuances of the PV relationship that have been eluding me.

Also, for some reason, I'm finding that taking a short break from logging is helping the remaining pieces come together. Perhaps it's because I'm a visual gestalt learner? :confused:

In any case, the process of switching accounts from Tradestation to Mirus (Ninja/Zen-fire) is almost complete and I should be up and running by midweek (which coincides with my next RTH access).

Have slowed down on the Futures journal, and looking forward to this weekend's fresh material.

Thanks again for giving us all this great opportunity.

Neo

P.S. On a related note, is it acceptable to revert to an enter/exit orientation, at least to build initial live confidence?

#59     Oct 11, 2008
  10. 10-11-08 09:51 AM

I''ll use this post as "the week in review". It was unfortunate that there were no logs posts or partial logs posted for Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday or Friday.

I had a different understanding of what a boot camp might have been. I still feel that on a college or highschool campus, a group of people could get together and reinforce each other with a great success over a month's hard work.

I didn't see the boot camp as a series of hand outs that provided a superficial run throgh of a way to make money.

This week we had pages of "inventions" for some purpose or other and not logs.

My goal was to review logs and offer input to a variety of people's logs in order to get a foundation established. The log would have been the "story" of the P, V relationship as a pragmatic application on the channel level which is the top of the sweeps chart.

I'll make a few points below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from jack hershey:

For those using 3M micro pore
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried 3M transpore?... much more comfortable.

The product I recommended is the one I use and I got my first tape from Litman who is in the US and getting people involved in the Russian approach for breathing (Buteyko). Jennifer and Russell Stark authored "The Carbon Dioxide Syndrome", bublished through Buteyko On Line Ltd. (2002) ISBN 978-0-473-09610-6. Litman uses this as the text for his two day workshops.

Boot camp will involve a lot of books that will be bought read, studied and hi lited and their practices incorporated in your life.

This one doubles the 0 --2 in your brain. CW traders in their normal emotional state have a 50% definiency of 0--2 in their brains. I do not tolerate people working at less than peak as they trade and communicate.

Put anyone on ignore who is expressing the CW emotions: fear, anger, and anxiety. If you are devoted to CW type trading put me on ignore.

Flight or flight is not part of the algorithm or its applications. With respect to yourself, others and the world, the operant orientation is appreciation and gratitude. the bio feedback that will be used is to take each of you from sympathetic (red, fight or flee) to parasympathetic (green appreciation and gratitude).

A few nuts a day, fruits and raw veges are very good. No dips. Eat only stuff that looks like what it did when it was on the plant it grew on. Cut back a lot on the stuff that had eyes, ears, or was breathing at one time.

Stu Mittleman (ultra-marathon runner) endorses a similar approach in Slow Burn.

Good for Stu. We are not running a marathon. We are not doing stress of any sort. Our orientation is to slow down the systems and max out their performance in a state of balance and maximum support, comfort and confidence. This comes from "knowing that you know" during RTH.

You get to know because you mind is equipped. as the transition is occurring, mostly you Know as an unconscious processing of what is needed from the mind to compliment the little (10% of the picture (100% of your perception) that your sensory system provides.

You think and post about Stu. And I have requested that you do logs while sitting in a chair at a computer and doing logs (none of which I have seen except for the fisrst blank log you pm'ed me to start this bootcamp.)

Scan and post all of the pages of your logs and put them in this thread as soon as possible. You need to start working through all the things that need to be completed to get to a place to begin to learn to trade. Id you did not do logs say so and then look at the logs others did and learn from their efforts.

By going through boot camp you are getting to "know that you know".

By doing MADA and having closure at each cycle; you "know that you know".

By keeping all of MADA on a binary basis, it is NOT possible to write down "I do not know at this time" in the volume column, the Price column, the MODE column, the Remarks column, the D column. If you know, you are able to appreciate and have gratitude for where you ARE. It is a BE DO HAVE orientation.

I'm working very hard, am grateful, appreciative and very cognizant of the rare opportunity afforded by the Boot Camp you've been so generously running, but (as is evident by my logs, posted on the Iterative Refinement thread)

I glanced at one and decided to not move it to this thread. There were no headers at the top of the log. This means you do not know hao to scan and it means you do not use your log with respect to the headrs. I saw typed stuff on the left side. How can that be? How can a log be so constrained and thought of as a data collection sheet to be turned in for a grade?

I am still frequently beset by not knowing that I know.

By using logic you may be able to figure out that everyone knows about you: "I am still frequently beset by not knowing that I know." You know. We knew. Now the world reading this knows.

What would have happened Monday , Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday is "fequently" you would have posted a piece of your log where you had the "beset" thing going on? If you made 100 poosts then you would have had 100 answers.

Post the answers you got in your debriefing, if any.

Post the debriefing notes on your log that poiint this out. Use a debriefing symbol (like cicle the area and mark in the circle a symbol for "Not Knowing That I Know" or (NKTK).

To log across a row on a log ONLY BINARY SYMBOLS ARE ENTERED IN EACH COLUMN. Thus each column is there; each column has a set of pairs of symbols ech pair being binary. As you jand moves across the row you get to "beset" . There at beset several things are NOT present. NO symbols, NO preparation from before. NO prior debriefing. When you get to BESET you make a note to work on this after the market closes or you post a question in ET.

If you are beset in M of MADA you may not be annotating properly either. At all times as a beginner you are trading channels. Channels come form traverses which inturn come form tapes and internals. All of this has the volume Gaussians in parallel so the you can log the P, V relation at all times.

C and H are used all day long. Occassionally there is an X and a REV on a row.

This week you wre incognito. Maybe you need to buy another extra computer just for posting? If there are a lot of C's and H's, then that is the time to poast a "beset" to us. Lets work on posting in the thread as we agreed before last week started

#60     Oct 11, 2008