Technical or Fundamental?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mustang, Jun 27, 2008.

1. mustang

mustang

I have a contention that traders who simply use technical analysis are drastically reducing their odds of success. I also contend that traders using only fundamental analysis are reducing their odds of success. Simply put, I want to know why the world insists on putting it in black and white terms. I have been trading for years now and the gray area between the two has never been more apparent to me than it is right now, or in similar down markets. Do some research, place your trades and use the technicals to reduce any losses or to capitalize on your gains. Does anyone else share this opinion or am I the oddball who wore gray to the black and white party?

2. They call it "technimentals". I swing trade and from what I've seen, you must use the combination of both. You must follow the money and the only way to do that is with fundamentals...

3. Your world may be doing the insistent thing you describe.

Where I am, I have never noticed the black and white separation you describe.

Read "Flat Land"

4. Mschlau

Mschlau

I remember that book. Good read. Probably read that for the first time when i was 10 or 11 years old. I think its called 'Flatland' though. no space.