Technical indicator DDE links

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bruford90125, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Can anyone tell me which common data providers/software packages offer DDE links to excel of real-time technical indicators like RSI,MACD etc.? Do most of them offer this? I would prefer one that also allows automated order entry from excel if possible.
    I am also interested in looking at these indicators on an end-of-day basis.

Thanks,

Bill

2. Jaba122

Jaba122

Bill.

I'm currently using Investor RT made by linnsoft (www.linnsoft.com). Although it doesn't have the ability of sending indicator's values via DDE directly, you can accomplish it by assigning those indicators to custom Variables that can be linked to Excel, or whatever via DDE. You can have up to 512 variables. I am currently using a complete trading system built using Investor's RealTimeLanguage, and sending the trading signals via DDE to an application I built, that in turn sends the order to Interactive Brokers. I guess you could do the same with Excel.

I'm not shure what you mean by "I would prefer one that also allows automated order entry from excel if possible". That will depend on a broker you are using not the charting software.

I hope it helps

Jaba