technical analysis

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Votke2310, Aug 12, 2019.

1. can anyone explain the difference between spikes, runaway days, and key reversal days?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Lou Friedman likes this.
  3. Spikes, like his name say, is when the market rise or down and pullback making the form of a spike.
    upload_2019-8-12_20-33-39.png

A runaway day, is when the market rises getting out of a trading range or whatever that have the price stopped, like a resistance. It should have high volume because there we have a lot of people trying to pull back the price.
    upload_2019-8-12_20-49-34.png

Key reversal is a day when the price goes up, make new high and next down closing lower than the previous bar. I will upload an hourly chart but in the daily chart it looks the same.
    upload_2019-8-12_20-55-43.png

4. that was incredible! quick question, do these mean they are trend reversals or minor reactions/continuation patterns? I'm assuming the key reversal is a major trend reversal? I'm reading technical analysis of stock trends and just couldn't decipher between the three. they seemed very similar. thank you for your post!

5. Peter8519

Peter8519

Votke2310 likes this.
  6. Yes, well, I don't call it patterns but yes they are. Runaway broke the downtrend and the key reversal changed the up move.

Votke2310 likes this.
  7. %% And plenty of reversal days;
    dont really reverse for much or reverse in a key way/change trend-QQQ daily , on past 365 days ..........................................................................................