Technical analysis with artificial intelligence

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by marklucas, Sep 15, 2006.

1. mspkash1

mspkash1

I've been using wealth lab to see if there are any TA based strategies out there that actually works...Haven't found any luck yet..I look for strategies that can perform better than S&P %00 or just simple buy and hold. The programming is based on PASCAL language. If you know little programming it'll be easy to pick up.

#51     Sep 17, 2006
  2. 9999

The correct name is Safir-X.
    Link:
    http://www.sirtrade.com/default0.htm
    I never used it, and I have no affiliation whatsoever.

#52     Sep 18, 2006
  3. FutTrd

FutTrd

simplify mannnn

simplify your strategies,

react don't act

drink lemonade on a sunny day

eat tomatoes with bacon

drive slow on slippery roads

tell the chaps to bring the cows home

get a new broom when old one buckets

"oh shit I just gave away my edge" :eek:

#53     Sep 18, 2006
  4. #54     Sep 18, 2006
  5. It's just ok. IMHO, Fidelity ruined it when they bought it.

#55     Sep 18, 2006
  6. Don't waste your time testing stuff that we all have known for years has limited trading applications, why not use the grey matter to come up with some better stuff.

Grey matter beats circuitry hands down. Smart in . . . Smart out . . . Stupid in . . . Stupid out.

Computers are stupid, they only do what we tell them to do and if we tell them to make leather out of chicken eggs they will puke. Go figure.

#56     Sep 18, 2006
  7. Grant

Grant

Thak you for the clarification.

Grant.

#57     Sep 18, 2006
  8. mspkash1

mspkash1

Well Prof, after endless simulations and number crunching, I am starting to believe that TA doesn't do any miracles...Just a decent return that I can invest in a handful of stocks and make the same return.....

#58     Sep 18, 2006
  9. Tyren

Tyren

I only use it to scan 650 stocks in daily bars to for example find stocks that are up 18 of the last 20 tradingdays...

#59     Sep 18, 2006
  10. I absolutely agree . . . based on what you have tested. Trust me when I say that there is a lot more out that then "run-of-the-mill" TA. Trust yourself and discover it.

#60     Sep 18, 2006