Technical Analysis Websites

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by b444, Mar 26, 2002.

1. doher

doher

#11     Apr 9, 2002
  2. That's like asking if anybody know any good financial websites?

The question is so general...answers will come from everywhere.

Does this person want a website that tells what an oscillator is...does he/she wants free basic charts like from Bigcharts, StockCharts.com, ClearStation...does he/she wants a site that provides scans via TA...what?

I would eliminate ALL TA sites that's hard (too slow) to load...has pop-up ads upon entry and exit...offers something for a fee when other sites offer the same thing or better for free...any sites someone saids "try this one eventhough I've never used it".

Hopefully this thread will get killed before it gets abused.

Nihaba Ashi

#12     Apr 9, 2002
  3. Nihaba...So basically you want people to provide you with good information without charging you a penny and without them running any advertising ether...

What planet are you from?

If you where putting your effort and time into a website wouldn't you expect something back for it?

#13     Apr 9, 2002
  4. Hi wwatson1,

I don't want this to turn into an argument.

Yet, here's the part of the quote you seem to be referencing...

...offers something for a fee when other sites offer the same thing or better for free

I'm not sure what websites you visited lately...there are plenty of good websites with ADVERTISING but WITHOUT the pop-up ads.

For example, EliteTrader has advertising. I have yet to see one single POP-UP AD when I enter this website and when I leave this website.

The advertising here seems to be well-placed, deals with the financial market without making a visitor or member here (at EliteTrader) forced to close multiple browsers being open because of POP-UP ads.

I hope you didn't get the two types of ads mixed up!!

In addition, if one website offers a trading tool for free and another offers the same trading tool for $30 bucks...

Are you telling me you would rather pay a fee?

Thus, back to your quote...please don't twist my words via intentionally making it sound like I was being generalize about advertising.

Therefore, I specifically used the word POP-UP ads upon entering/exiting a website.

Responding to your last question from above.

Yes is my answer.

A webmaster or owner of a website should expect something in return. Yet, that return may be small or none at all if the site is annoyant or an irritant to the visitors.

For example...here's your response about easystock.com

I went on easystock.com and I was nearly sick, It is like someone has just thrown loads of stuff on the page and said there you go deal with that!

Last of all, I've read your posts before (I've enjoyed them) and I'm a little surprise you went out of your way to misinterpret my words...

signing off for the day...from planet earth :D

Nihaba Ashi

#14     Apr 9, 2002
  5. ... off topic...

Nihaba,
    You could look for those programs such as AdSubstract that will block all add banners and cookies from sites of your choosing. You could also get those "pop up stopper" programs that will block pop up adds, however the one I used also prevented me from right click and open a link in new window.

Cheers !! :)

#15     Apr 9, 2002
  6. www.wealth-lab.com is also free and offer many different indicators you can use for quik charts.:cool:

#16     Apr 9, 2002
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#17     Apr 9, 2002
  8. Jeffo

Jeffo