Technical Analysis on High vs Low Volume Instruments

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by metatrader54, Jun 11, 2018.

1. What are the differences? Say an illiquid instrument vs a liquid instrument such as EURUSD, does it move better “technically”? Does higher volume help you to push price with smart money?

Are your stats better on a liquid or illiquid market?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. High volume just increases volatility.Has nothing to do with the "move".

3. Sorry I meant high volume instruments like the EURUSD compared to say a random cryptocurrency or third world currency.

4. rybe

rybe

Every instrument has their own factors that make them move. Instruments as in equities, forex, crypto, etc...

Liquidity is key, you want to get in and out. I don't know how you would formulate a trading strategy based on an illiquid market. I would imagine the slippage alone would render the best models useless.

I could be wrong though. I'm no expert. Maybe theres some crazy spread trading strategy that attacks illiquid markets with crazy bid/ask prices and does some magic.

5. Handle123

Handle123

I will do such trades in stocks so long as they have somewhat decent options so I can hedge, I will sell short a down trending heavy volume company/buy lighter volume company as a spread in same sector, they don't come up too often, but marvels of automation...

beginner66 likes this.
  6. %%
    Depends; RE is the ultimate low[ or No volume LOL] volume market+ profitable. So it really depends.:cool::cool: