Technical Analysis of Gold

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by DrPepper, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Well why don't you make a post discussing it here or start a thread, as there are quite a few of us that do buy physical bullion.

#31     Jan 7, 2010
  2. DMC

DMC

I wanted to check with Elite Trader support first and see if there was any way to talk about it here without violating their terms, since my firm is not yet an ET sponsor. But it looks like I'll have to wait. I think you'll be hearing about it soon enough.

#32     Jan 8, 2010
  3. This is a technical analysis of gold, not where to store gold thread.

GLD may be forming a short term top here at 111. The following uses pivot and statistical indicators with some volume (bar width shown) to suggest possible move below 105. Do your own diligence and analysis.
    [​IMG]

#33     Jan 8, 2010
  4. Looks interesting. The colored icons on the price chart appear to indicate pivots (HH,LH,LL, LH). Is that correct? Is there a way that you use volume or some other method to determine which price pivots signal major turning points? What type of statistical analysis are you referring to? Would you also care to explain what your other indicators are and what the double yellow half circles and the triangles on the first indicator pane represent? Thanks.

#34     Jan 8, 2010
  5. Well, I realize this post was a month ago but I follow gold. Here is my 2cents.

If I was long I would be nervous. Watch the newly formed support as a pivot.

#35     Jan 20, 2010
  6. Send me a PM.

#36     Jan 20, 2010
  7. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

If I was long I would be nervous.

Check out my complete TA on my blog abcsofgas.blogspot.com

#37     Jan 23, 2010
  8. calling that an H&S I think you're forcing it...

Completely sloped i wouldn't call that an HS

#38     Jan 23, 2010
  9. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

well if we bounce off 1060 the h&s will likely be invalid...

however if gold breaks 1060 this week. I would seriously watch out.

#39     Jan 23, 2010
  10. one thing is for sure

gold has not acted like a "safe haven" in recent weeks

#40     Jan 31, 2010