Technical Analysis is .......to my trading...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by N54_Fan, Oct 18, 2011.

TA is________________

Poll closed Jan 26, 2012.
  1. somewhat useful.

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. ESSENTIAL. I use it almost exclusively.

24 vote(s)
    49.0%
  3. USELESS bunch of Horse manure. Price Action is KING!!

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Use it when it supports what I think will happen

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. I dont know.

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. cornix

cornix

I don't even trade actively anymore, not even speaking of hosting trading sites. :)

#21     Oct 23, 2015
  2. dartmus

dartmus

If an investment fund salesman thought HNWI believe TA is a scam he might align his online persona with the anti-ta paradigm. And choreograph his world to increase his credibility and access to a segment of that wealth which can be quantified as dumb money in terms of TA skills. IOW those who view others who distrust TA as tho it qualifies as expert knowledge of TA. That would be sad and unethical but yet demonstrate masterful skill. If he's caught and stops then that would confirm his brilliance. Consider ...this preemptive understanding of the improbability of peace ...ends here as long as there is peace. This isn't intended to stir controversy.

I highly recommend casual observers skip past this post. Your non-strategic replies only highlight your inadequacies and failings while baiting you takes the heat off and changes your focus to a different subject.

#22     Oct 23, 2015
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  3. that's surprising. I remember you as being one of the better traders here. Were you not able to make TA work consistently enough for you in the end and decided to quit? Or something else
    regards
    Good luck

#23     Oct 27, 2015
  4. destriero

destriero

is... psych statistical bias. Everyone knows a guy who knows a guy who makes millions with TA. I know a couple, but they are truly one (two) in a million. The entire industry supports a mass-psych cognitive dissonance. Much like religion, but you tithe more to the mkts.

#24     Oct 27, 2015
  5. cornix

cornix

Somehow edge slowly eroded it seems. Drawdowns become deeper and longer and good streaks less frequent. It just lost sense to me to work that hard for the reward there was (if any left).

I still trade actually, just not financial markets. :)

#25     Oct 28, 2015
    Eddiemorra likes this.