Technical Analysis Has Contributed To A Massive Wealth Redistribution

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Sergio77, Nov 28, 2015.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

#41     Dec 6, 2015
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

You don't understand the new Kelly formula, imbecile. You certainly can't explain it, nor debunk it.

#42     Dec 6, 2015
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Enough of the name calling. Keep it civil.

#43     Dec 6, 2015

4. I don't understand what the statement means. I understand what compression is, lose the attitude. If you want to explain in English what this means I am all ears, if you can enlighten us on what the article means I would appreciate it, calling someone illiterate is not mature nor conduvice to an adult discussion of the topic.

#44     Dec 11, 2015
  5. Sergio77

Sergio77

#45     Dec 13, 2015
  6. Sergio77

Sergio77

http://www.badros.com/greg/papers/badros-dcc94.pdf

#46     Dec 13, 2015
  7. ronblack

ronblack

This is an extremely interesting paper. Thanks a lot. I also think that kut2k2 must apologize for his behavior. The term "compression" is often used in finance to describe a large class of forecasting algorithms.

#47     Dec 13, 2015
    Sergio77 likes this.
  8. ok I see what he is talking about, the statement re lossy compression in the article is confusing to a lay person ( ie. non quant). Thanks for the paper though. It seems in the paper the authors per Vaga have come up with 4 market modes along with the compression analysis, very interesting. Looks like their simulation did better on the European markets.

#48     Dec 14, 2015
    Sergio77 likes this.