Technical Analysis Has Contributed To A Massive Wealth Redistribution

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Sergio77, Nov 28, 2015.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yes, by Al Gore :D

#31     Dec 2, 2015
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Did Al Gore create the technology behind the internet? Of course not. Did Al Gore make possible the maximization of the internet through federal funding? You bet he did.

Internet pioneers Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn noted that,

"As far back as the 1970s, Congressman Gore promoted the idea of high-speed telecommunications as an engine for both economic growth and the improvement of our educational system. He was the first elected official to grasp the potential of computer communications to have a broader impact than just improving the conduct of science and scholarship [...] the Internet, as we know it today, was not deployed until 1983. When the Internet was still in the early stages of its deployment, Congressman Gore provided intellectual leadership by helping create the vision of the potential benefits of high speed computing and communication.[50]

Gore introduced the Supercomputer Network Study Act of 1986.[51] He also sponsored hearings on how advanced technologies might be put to use in areas like coordinating the response of government agencies to natural disasters and other crises."[50]

As a Senator, Gore began to craft the High Performance Computing Act of 1991 (commonly referred to as "The Gore Bill") after hearing the 1988 report Toward a National Research Network submitted to Congress by a group chaired by UCLA professor of computer science, Leonard Kleinrock, one of the central creators of the ARPANET (the ARPANET, first deployed by Kleinrock and others in 1969, is the predecessor of the Internet).[52][53][54] The bill was passed on December 9, 1991 and led to the National Information Infrastructure (NII) which Gore referred to as the "information superhighway."[55]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    #32     Dec 3, 2015
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. > through federal funding

Yep, spending OPM was his skillset, no question about that.

#33     Dec 3, 2015
    ThunderThor likes this.
  4. Q3D

Q3D

Al Gore's public service as the father of the Internet is only rivaled by Al Brooks' altruistic mass-educational efforts as the father of Price Action Trading.

#34     Dec 3, 2015
  5. vinc

vinc

yeah,yeah..you the hero! no doubt about it! Mr Simons should drop in some day and hold your suit for ya! that is, of course, if you can afford one:)

#35     Dec 3, 2015
  6. Handle123

Handle123

I recall my early days of trading when I pull out journals I kept from the 80s, I wish I could have told that kid that if you can't follow the same rules for a month, don't trade. How many of the 95% can honestly say they can do that? It is hard to accept once you have a trading plan that you must adhere to rules of Trading Plan. I have become a cog, a widget, trained monkey hitting button for piece of food, but that is how the game is to be played, you play with no emotions, you identify occurrences or patterns to test out later, but beyond that, you have to be able to accept you there to push buttons, faster you can accept this fact, your account will grow providing you have well back tested Trading Plan.

Once you have the pieces in place, then money should be consistent, but you can't just stand still, figure out how to add, different instruments, timeframes if you want more education.

#36     Dec 5, 2015
  7. Sergio77

Sergio77

He cannot afford treatment for delusion.

#37     Dec 6, 2015
  8. Sergio77

Sergio77

#38     Dec 6, 2015
  9. Sergio77

Sergio77

Look my reply above to see why you are illiterate

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/lossless-and-lossy-compression

#39     Dec 6, 2015
  10. Sergio77

Sergio77

and you the King of quants...considering your kelly formula you are an idiot.

#40     Dec 6, 2015