Technical Analysis Has Contributed To A Massive Wealth Redistribution

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Sergio77, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Sergio77

Sergio77

I think he means the Edwards and Magee book.

#21     Nov 29, 2015
  2. Sergio77

Sergio77

Why do you make such stupid statements? Can you understand the difference between a conditional with existential qualifier and a proposition with a universal qualifier? Would you be here trolling every day had you a method of making money?

Yes, I do not agree with a lot in that article but it is a good base for a civilized discussion imo. Nobody commented on the serial correlation evidence and lack of it in recent years.

#22     Nov 29, 2015
  3. It all comes down to one thing. Whether or not you make money off of your method. Continuously arguing and trying to debunk someone else's methods is bs. It seems that's what ET is all about now...this same worn out topic.

#23     Nov 29, 2015
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

It's sergio77 and his ilk that keep bringing this horseshit up. Complain to the anti-TA whiners instead of everybody in general.

#24     Nov 29, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

First published in 1948.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    #25     Nov 29, 2015
  6. Well put.

Most traders using or rather attempting to use, technical analysis, invariably fail doing so.

Doesn't mean an elite few will not make something very useful out of it. Being a winner has always been for the few and trading is certainly no different.

#26     Nov 29, 2015
    Autodidact likes this.
  7. Q3D

Q3D

Consumers and victims of technical analysis must also be vigilant against TA sellers, those who are profiting from technical analysis by presenting materials-for-profit, without presenting any evidence of their real-time competency in day trading.

#27     Dec 2, 2015
    Autodidact likes this.
  8. "Compression with technical analysis basically maps a vector of historical prices to some representation of it for reducing prediction complexity, i.e., it is a lossy compression method because information is lost, as opposed to some more advanced but equal ineffective lossless methods where information is not lost" ????????? say what?

#28     Dec 2, 2015
  9. Q3D

Q3D

What that means is the patterns we TA consumers see on charts are erroneously reified and reductionistic heuristics with no quantifiable or reliable probabilistic certainty beyond the number TA consumers pull out of a hat to convince themselves they are not gambling.

#29     Dec 2, 2015
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

Exactly. I haven't seen a load of BS like that since Jack Hershey was in his prime.

#30     Dec 2, 2015